Chapter 71

The tension between me and Lucan remained days after our return. In fact, he took to sleeping in what used to be my room. Thankfully, Hunter was so happy to have me home, he never commented on the lack of communication between Lucan and myself. But once the excitement of me being home wore off, he would pick up on the tension between Lucan and me. I needed to fix this tension between us.

Lucan has never gotten this upset with me before or if he has we always worked through our differences rather quickly. They never lingered this long before. Giving him space didn't seem to work. I had thought giving him space would allow for him to take some time to think and then he would approach me to talk about what happened. But he hasn't and I can't take the tension much longer.

Plus, this wasn't a contusive environment for anyone. I can't believe Lucan had bought be a ring and here I was being worried over him wanting someone else. He was right in the fact he has never given me reason to doubt his commitment. Other than when he was pretending to be hooking up with Aubree's cousin, but he only alluded to the relationship because he was upset about Jake.

Lucan and I needed to figure out how we wanted to continue this relationship because Hunter deserves to live in a positive home environment. If Lucan and I can't settle this, then I may need to seek other housing options. My heart stops at the thought of no longer being with him and bile rises at the thought of seeing him with someone else. I laugh to myself because in the beginning I didn't want a relationship with him and now I can't imagine not being in a relationship with him.

While we were home, I learned of a feasible solution to the issue of Hunter and me leaving the tour at the end of summer. As long as Lucan still wanted me to go on tour because, if not, then my idea wasn't important. After dropping Hunter off at school, I learned he had been keeping up on his schoolwork while in Moab through online programs. Not only did he keep his grade up, but he actually worked ahead of where the class was.

After, a quick conversation with his teacher because I refused to speak with the principal. She explained they had several students who would disappear from physical school and complete their classes online. They even had a few students who were strictly online because of their parents' professions. All the students' test scores were average or above average, none of them were doing poorly.

When I asked her how she felt Hunter would do, she stated she felt he would be extremely successful. After I explained Skylar's past profession, his teacher was even more sure he would not only keep up, but more than likely exceed his classmates.

With the worry of Hunter's education out of the way, I only needed to work on my relationship with Lucan. Once we were on solid ground, I could present him with my idea for Hunter. Originally, we had been discussing the possibility of removing him from the school, but with this newfound knowledge, I felt removing him wasn't necessary.

Three weeks have passed since the argument and we are no closer to resolving the problem. Kinda hard to fix anything when he won't acknowledge my presence. As each day passes, the date of the tour looms closer and closer, along with Skylar's and Dimitri's wedding.

Since I had received the all clear from the doctor, I was planning a dinner date in with Lucan. I had stopped at the store after the doctor's appointment and purchased all the necessary ingredients to make jalapeño popper chicken. Along with fried spinach and rice.

He was currently in the studio again. The guys had been working long hours hoping to finish the album in the new few weeks. All the guys knew of my plan and were going to cut the studio time short and send Lucan some. The last must do on my list was to secure a sitter for Hunter.

I call Aubree since she has been oddly scarce. "Hey what's up?" she asks.

"I need a favor," I say. No reason to drag the request out.