Chapter 27

Lucan and I both share a smile over the top of Hunter's head, but make no move to separate. Hunter grows impatient and pushes at us till we separate. "I was promised food," he mumbles reminding us of the previous conversation and standing from the bed. Talk about a one track mind. He stands on the side of the bed with his little hands on his hips staring us down with an expression screaming let's go.

As I sit on the bed my stomach makes a noise reminding me the last thing I ate was ice cream. Hunter sends me a see told you so expression and I bite my tongue to keep from laughing. I turn to Lucan instead and ask, "want to order in or go somewhere?"

We have a few minutes before Hunter storms into the kitchen and makes his own dinner. Which will be anything, but heathy. Nor anything anyone would want to eat. Last time he cooked us dinner I ended up with Spaghetti O's, marshmallows, frozen chicken nuggets and Fruit loops; which he claimed was the fruit in the meal. My stomach rolls remembering how I took one bite of the concoction. We ended up splurging and getting pizza, but my stomach has never forgotten.

Lucan glances at his phone and tightens his mouth. "The moving truck is still forty minutes out plus however long it takes for them to unload. So if you both are starving now we can order something. But if you are okay waiting Tray and Mason were wanting to meet for dinner at The Hideout."

I run my fingers through my hair to flatten it. "Is The Hideout the café Skylar and Aubree took me?" Finger crossed he says yes because I had a great time last time I went. Grandma Rose is going to fall in love with Hunter and I love him having more people to love and care about him.

He stands nodding his head. "The very same. We tend to eat there a lot. Great good and great service."

"I'm good with whatever," I say nonchalant not wanting to sway Hunter. "Hunter what would you like to do? Want to go to The Hideout and meet some of your dad's close friends."

"Uncles," Lucan interject. "They are his Uncles." Hunter's eyes pop out of his head hearing Tray and Mason referred to as his uncles. Lucan has already once explained to him he has uncles, but with everything going on I'm sure the nothing slipped his mind.

Hunter bites his lip deep in thought and glances between us. "I'd like to go to the restaurant." His answer in no way surprises me. The ability for him to meet his uncles was the deciding factor. Hunter stomach makes another grumbling sound along with Lucan's.

"How about this," Lucan states, "we all go down to the kitchen for a small snack to hold us over till dinner?"

Hunter cheers and races from the room leaving Lucan and myself alone. I half expected him to try something, but instead he helps me from the bed. Then he moves to exit the room, but pauses on the door frame with me right at his back. He spins in a circle and my nose almost touches his chest. The sudden movement causes me to stumble and Lucan grabs my shoulders to steady me.

Once my feet are firmly planted I raise my eyes to his. "Thanks," I tell him embarrassed he found me trailing him so closely.

"No problem." Lucan runs his hand though his hair and rocks back on his heels. I could tell he wanted to say something, but was unsure of himself.

"Out with it," I tell him.

"What are your thoughts on telling Hunter about my fame," Lucan asks reminding me so much of Hunter when he asks questions he's afraid of the answer. A smile blooms over my face because he wants to hear my thoughts on something pertaining to Hunter. He isn't making a decision without talking to me first. "I would rather him hear the facts from me than someone else," Lucan adds when I don't respond right away.

"I...I think..." I clear my suddenly dry throat and try again. "I think you should tell him soon. He's going to get more upset the longer you wait to tell him. The original plan was to wait for Aubree, but if the situation is explained to Hunter he will more than understand."