Chapter 59

Due to the flowers being sent to the home by Jake Lucan and I decided to pull Hunter from school until his bodyguard was in place. Since today was Friday he would only be missing a day of school and then he would have the weekend to get use to having his shadow. The plan was for Wyatt to come by after breakfast with a few candidates for Hunter and me. 

Breakfast turned into a family affair. Tray ended up staying over last night and had called Mason to bring him some clothes in the morning. He claimed Lucan's clothes were too dadish, whatever that means, when Lucan offered him some clothes.

Mason in turn had called Aubree to explain what happened and told her the bodyguard selection was coming this morning. Not too long after Aubree and Ryder were knocking on the door with a ton of food from The Hideout with Skylar and Dimitri training behind them. Our quite morning was soon a family affair. Everyone wanted to evaluate who was being selected to protect me and Hunter. 

Even Frank came over to get in on the action stating who better to evaluate a bodyguard then another bodyguard. I think he has a major soft spot for Hunter and wants the very best. I told Lucan in passing my hunch and he expresses Hunter isn't the only one Frank cares about.
When Hunter came downstairs you would have thought it was Christmas morning with how excited he was to see everyone. He jumped from person to person for hugs. The only frown was when he thought he had to go to school, but that quickly changed when he realized everyone was playing hooky to spend the day at the house. 

Aubree and Skylar got the table set up while I was on coffee duty. The guys stood around discussing the album and if the momentum continued, they would be done ahead of schedule. Worry rose in my throat thinking about him having to leave us even for a little bit to promote the album. Thankfully they were postponing the tour till this summer, but Lucan and I still had much to discuss. At first, I was against even the idea of Hunter and me traveling with him. After listening to all the stories told by everyone, I wasn't really sure a tour was a place for a seven-year-old, but the thought of going weeks or months of not seeing him or well any of them broke my heart. Hunter and I both had found a place within this family and family sticks together. End of story. 

Hunter needs social interactions with kids his own age, but he's always been an old soul. Whenever I would see if he wanted a play date or go to a birthday party he always declined. The only other kids he hung out with were Trina's kids and that was only when she was watching him. Most of the time when I wasn't working or going to school, he was with me, and he never seemed upset about it.

Currently he was sitting with Frank on the couch trying to teach the older man how to play whichever video game he was currently into. He has a ton of great people in this room who give him whatever attention he seeks and actually spend time with him. 

Maybe going on the road with a tutor wouldn't be so bad and if Hunter one day expressed wanting to go to an actual school, I could stay with him. My job could be done anywhere and with my bosses on tour it would be the perfect location for me. But all of this depends on what Hunter want I won't force him into a situation he is against.

Strong arms wrap around me from behind. "What has you thinking so hard that me calling your name a few times didn't snap you out of it?" 

I turn in the arms of the man I love and kiss his nose. "I was thinking about me and Hunter going on tour with you next summer."

Lucan smiles. "I've been thinking about it too. And here is what I've come up with. Let's have Aubree look into finding a top-notch tutor for the summer with the possibility of them staying on full time. Both of you can get a taste of touring and make a decision in August on if this is something you both want. I can talk to Dimitri about where he got his tour bus and we can get one of our own as well."