The Incorporeal

It had been 8 hours. There was no way in hell Josh would be gone THIS long... I mean, he didn't even bother messaging me throughout the day either! This is ridiculous! I had to find out what was up... And soon...

The sound of the garage opening shot my body up in an instant. Joshie is here!!!! 🥰 I should go hide somewhere, then I can pop up and surprise him! A cute, splendid little surprise is any way to win a man's heart! Other than food, of course... I hid inside the closet downstairs. Everything around me was pitch black, and I could feel a coat pushing against my body. Josh entered the house... I could hear him... Speaking... Josh walked through the house, making it easier to hear him, "You know we can't be doing this, babe..." Josh spoke, I was barely able to make it out, but those words in particular stuck out to me. Did he just say babe? Aww, he knows I'm in here, and he wants to play with me a little! How cute! 😍😍😍

"Don't worry, she can't do anything to us." I heard another voice speak. Who are they talking about? Why is Josh with some dude? Did he call HIM babe? Wait... Is he... No. Impossible. No one could ever pass me up, no one would ever cheat on me, no one would ever surpass me. I am Ree. I am a wife. The best wife. This will not stop me. I am sure this is all one big misunderstanding, surely. I took a step out of the closet, I walked in all sexy, like the material girl I am! I saw Josh, with new clothes, standing next to a man, with dirty brown hair, and a long coat, both of his hands inside the pockets of his coat.

"Who the hell are you?" I spoke, asserting my dominance. "Speak of the devil..." Josh remarked. For some reason, he stepped away from the other dude. "Don't worry, I will handle this Josh." The man spoke. His voice was somewhat quiet, and calm, yet I could tell he seemed prepared. I have had enough of this, "I SAID... WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!" I raised my voice, and so did the man, "STOP IT YOU'RE MAKING ME USE MY OUTSIDE VOICE!!!!" He shouted, before instantly breaking out into laughter. "Oh my God, Josh was right about you..." "What?! Did Josh say something about me? I bet he said I was super-duper sexy and mega uwu adorable. 😄" The man began laughing even harder. "Alright alright, lady... Let's do this, right here, right now..." He took a deep breath, "My name is-" I interrupted. "ENOUGH!!! YOU'RE DONE, BITCH!!!" I ripped off my eyepatch, and I opened my eye, glaring towards him, the air stopped, the faint shouts from Josh went silent as the sky had grown black, shadows crawled out from the very crevices in the wall and the ceiling, and in an instant, the man that had stood before me had now been incinerated by a massive column of fire. The entire house had been caught up in this blazing inferno. It could probably be seen from a distance how much smoke had formed.

 It could probably be seen from a distance how much smoke had formed

I suddenly felt the air begin moving again, impossible...! The flames had suddenly gained a blue finish to them, and the man stood perfectly still, with one hand out of his pocket, facing down. A blue mist had surrounded my flames.