Daughter Of The Hundred Swords

Grandmother Gianna. As a kid, I called her Granny Gigi, but as I grew up, I stopped being around her, and I began to not like her after... That day...

I needed to speak with her because she probably possesses a Rift. I mean, it would make sense for descendants of my family to also have Rifts.

I had walked for miles down the highway, I slept under bridges, and tried to cook dead animals with my The Glare. I had nothing, and I wanted it to stay this way. My whole image as a wife was quite literally shattered because of Jesse, and it made me feel... Empty.

It was so hot outside; it became an issue for me to do just about anything. I couldn't sleep well, I couldn't really get myself to eat dead racoon, and I don't think I'll ever get this weird smell out of my hair... It's been bugging me ever since I left the house.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

After walking for a few more miles, I finally reached Granny Gigi's house, I reminisced about all the times I had spent here as a young girl...

Until those memories flooded to surface, and I pushed them off. 

Knocking on the door, I did not have to wait long for a response. At the door, Granny Gigi stood, her eyes as large as saucers.

"REE?! OH MY GOD, REE!!!"

"Hey Granny."

"It has been forever since we last spoke! You look so different! Those burned clothes you have on, your black hair, the eyepatch, and... That disgusting burning smell...! We need to get those clothes washed immediately!"

Gigi brought me in quickly, before shoving me into the bathroom, and practically throwing a bunch of soap and shampoo at me. I guess I need a nice warm shower, considering all I've gone through to get here...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Me and Granny sat in the living room. Her room gave me so much nostalgia.

She gave me a cup of black tea, and we spoke about random things for an hour. I don't like black tea at all, but I was willing to give it a shot.

"Ree, sweetie, just what brings you here?"

"I wanted to ask you... About the Rifts."

"What do you know about Rifts?"

"I overheard it from someone, and I think he has one, and I think... I do too."

Granny froze for a moment.

"Ree... No wonder you have that eyepatch."

"What do you mean?"

"I know about your The Glare ability. I knew ever since you first awakened it. Sweetie, I'm so sorry." She began to tear up. I've never seen her sad like this.

"Granny, it's alright... I just need to know, what is a Rift?" Granny wiped tears from her face, and spoke.

"I understand you aren't interested in hearing me ramble for another hour, so I will tell you. A Rift is a special power given to the descendants of our bloodline."