Rift

Several minutes passed. I had been sitting down on a wooden log buried in the snow next to me. It's been a while that I've been trapped here by that bastard's hypnosis. It made no sense. I didn't know special abilities could last this long. Does this intricate, yet realistic illusion not put a strain on him? I needed to get out.

"Perhaps I could use The Glare."

But then it hit me. If this is an illusion, that means I'm still at home right now, and that I'm just viewing everything as some snowy forest.

Well, perhaps I can override his illusions with my flames! After all, his power relied on a blue mist, but I can evaporate it! Hopefully

Well, perhaps I can override his illusions with my flames! After all, his power relied on a blue mist, but I can evaporate it! Hopefully... I mean, I don't really care about this house anymore.

 After losing him... I don't know what to do with myself anymore. Am I not the best wife anymore? I mean, Joshie just... Left me... Like some trash...

Now that I think about it... I never put my eyepatch back on, and my right eye has just been closed all this time. Blood was dripping down my face, and it was coming from my eye. I can see that my overuse of The Glare, has taken its toll.

Now that I think of it, Jesse did mention something about... A "Rift."

"My Rift, The Incorporeal, has the power to negate all physical objects in the universe. For the ability to succeed, one need only lay eyes on my hand the minute it faces perfectly down. Someone like you, who constantly gazes at everything as their Rift, stood no chance against my The Incorporeal."

Those were his words. I'm guessing that a Rift is what our abilities are called. But that would mean, there would have to be multiple people out there who possess these Rifts. If his Rift had a second ability, complete hypnosis, then my The Glare must have a second ability of its own, I just had to use it enough to figure it out, right?

I needed to get out of here. I won't be able to chase after my wittle Joshie, but... I'm sure I can go somewhere. Somewhere far from this house. Even though I'm coated in snow, and I'm freezing from all this wind, I don't want to be anywhere near this house, it doesn't matter if I don't know it or not. I slowly cracked open my eye, and I spoke.

"The..."

As I said it, my eye began to hurt more, it felt like, I had been stabbed or something... In pain, I continued the incantation.

"Glare."

My eye glowed red, and before I knew it, a huge column of fire had appeared before me, instantaneously melting the snow around me, and I began to sweat profusely.

My eye was hurting, and bleeding harder. My vision in my right eye was nothing more but red, and it felt like my eye was breaking apart. This pain was unbearable, but I had no reason to stop. I stood up from the now burning wooden log, and spun around, watching everything around me, before making a huge array of flames cover over everything I glared at. The sky grew black, and the ground was now covered in crimson flames. These flames were slowly becoming unstable, due to my divided state, but now was not the right time to stop, these flames had to stay up long enough to evaporate the mist.

My flames slowly began to dissipate, and I strained harder. Sweat began dripping from my face, and blood began hemorrhaging from my right eye, black cracks began to form on my eye, beginning to crack, and bleed harder.

"Dammit, just a little longer!"

This mist must be dense, to not have instantly evaporated yet, if it even is... 

I began to combine the flames in one huge ball, and then spun it around me in a 360 direction. I pushed away the pain, I need to make my flames more potent, to match the density of this mist.

I formed the flames into a tornado, and then I slowly compressed it so close together, the wooden log and the dirt underneath me began to burn away into ash. I formed these flames into a huge, compressed, web of white flames. These compressed white flames were so strong, the clouds began to grow black, and rain fell. 

Raining over my web of flames, the water instantly evaporating. 

I was practically standing in an oven at this point, my clothes felt like they were on fire as they slowly singed off. These white flames slowly began to melt the sky, and it began to fall. For a moment I was thinking that the sky was actually falling, but no....

The illusion had broken, and I was free of Jesse's The Incorporeal. I looked around me, and the skies were still black, and a net of white covered my now eviscerated house. 

A crack of thunder flew across the sky, and a huge storm of rain followed.

Pitter, patter. A single drop of rain slid down my face, it was like I was crying, but the blood on my face already made it look as though I were crying. There was nothing left of my home but soot and ash. My clothes were almost completely burned off, and blood coated my hands. Pitter, patter. I shut both my eyes, and the white flames had faded. 

As the flames spread away into nothing in the air, the clouds went from pitch black, to a dark grey. The storm wasn't going to go away, due to the huge amount of heat in the air. I hope I didn't destroy any other houses. 

Now was not the right time to think on it though.

I searched throughout the rubble, and I slipped on Joshie's ring, since the one I wore, got lost somewhere. Funny, how I found his so quickly in all this ash and rubble. I found a black jacket on the ground, torn apart from the flames, I put it over my shoulders, wearing it like a cape. Smoke had come off of it still.

 I put on my eyepatch which was in my pocket, pushing my hair off my face, which was now as black as the clouds around me.

 As I looked up, a huge, concentrated amount of lightning was scattering around in the air, bouncing around, like a huge monster of energy.

And for some reason, I could sense this... Afinnity for it. Like I had some type of control over this lightning, similar to how I feel this control over The Glare.

 I lifted my hand, and the lightning flew to my hand. Rotating, and spinning around in a condensed, tiny ball. My entire arm lit up from the luminescence of the lightning.

Holding this ball of energy in my hand, I spoke. "Josh is mine, bitch." I yeeted the bolt of energy in my hand, in an instant, obliterating the next couple of houses yards away from where I stood. This, is the true power of The Glare, isn't it? With this, I can kill that bastard Jesse, and convince my Joshie how good of a wife I am. 

I am a much better wife than Jesse! (Say that again, Ree, but slower)

The plot thickens... Where do you think Ree is gonna go? I mean, she destroyed her entire house, so she would have to leave before authorities catch her.

Which Rift do you guys like more? The Glare, or The Incorporeal? I personally prefer The Incorporeal, because it is super overpowered, and it is the most creative thing I've ever come up with in this story so far!

Lemme know what you guys think in the comments! Hope you guys liked this chapter, and thank you for reading this far into my story! It means a lot having so many people like my stuff! 😄