chapter one

Tatum's POV:

"Can you believe tomorrow is our last first day of school together?" Indie said, walking into my room and collapsing onto my bed.

Indie Dawson.

Indie had been my best friend since the 3rd grade. I still remember the first day we met; how could I ever forget it?

I was late to my first day of school in a new city and a new school. I was gonna be a loser and I didn't even know these people yet.

My stupid brother had to take so long getting ready in the morning. What did he even have to get ready for? Fourth grade? It wasn't that big of a deal.

If it was fifth grade then that would be understandable but he was only a year older than me but still thought he was more important than me.

"Tatum get out of the car," Harry said, trying to push me out because we were already late.

"I'm moving Harry," I said, opening the car door. I made sure to grab my backpack and my lunch and say goodbye to my mom before getting out of the car.

Harry started running behind me, the both of us trying to get to our class as soon as possible. My tiny feet were going as fast as I could but before I could reach my classroom, I bumped into someone, falling and scraping my knee.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry," a loud voice said, a hand being pointed my way so I could get back up. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, it's okay," I said, smiling at the girl standing in front of me.

"I'm Indie," she responded, holding her hand out to me so I could shake it.

"I'm Tatum."

"Well Tatum, I really like you already which means you are my new best friend. Now, who is your teacher? Maybe I can show you around?" she offered, making me glad that I already made a friend.

"That would be great. Thank you Indie," I replied, grabbing her hand and taking off to my class.

Those memories were some I could never forget and sometimes I wish I could go back to when times were simple like that. When we had nothing to worry about.

"Will you stop saying that?" Zayn said, walking out of the bathroom and sitting next to where Indie was laying down. "You keep that up and Tatum will start sobbing and we don't need to deal with that right now."

"Just because I'm the only one emotional about it being our senior year doesn't mean you get to be mean to me like that," I said, rolling my eyes at the brown-haired boy sitting in front of me.

Zayn Malik.

Zayn was someone I could always rely on, someone I could always talk to. He was more on the quiet side, him and Indie being complete opposites but I think that's why the three of us got along so well.

We had been a trio ever since Zayn moved here in the sixth grade from Bradford in the United Kingdom. He had a thick British accent, sometimes his words being a little hard to understand but at this point, we were used to it.

It was a little bit more Americanized after living here for so long but it still prevailed in all of his sentences, especially when he was angry or passionate about what he was talking about.

"Hey I understand why Tatum is sad Z. The three of us have been friends for so long, it's gonna hurt like a bitch when we all have to leave each other at the end of the year," Indie said, explaining her side. She wasn't wrong; the three of us all had different aspirations and dreams of where we wanted to go to college.