chapter fifteen

Tatum's POV:

After running in the ocean and getting soaked, we finally got back to the car after we raced, and I'm glad to say that I won. I'm pretty sure Niall let me win because I noticed him slowing down at the end but a win was a win no matter what.

We got back into Niall's car and I had taken off my shirt, leaving me in my sports bra because I didn't want it to keep sticking to me. Niall had also taken off his shirt and I'm not gonna lie, I couldn't stop staring at him.

We drove back to our neighborhood, Niall parking in his driveway before we walked back to my house. Instead of coming with me, he told me he'd meet me back in my room in a few minutes, I'm assuming so he could get his guitar to play for me.

He left a chaste kiss on my lips, leaving and then coming back for another before I pushed him away and told him to go get his damn guitar. I had a permanent smile on my face and I probably looked so stupid but I was happy.

I walked into my house, running up the stairs and lying on the bed, trying to look out the window to see when Niall would get back. Instead of staying on the bed, I walked out onto my balcony and lied down on the floor, just like what the two of us did that one time when we had smoked a joint.

I lied down so I was completely sprawled on the ground while I waited for Niall. I laid there for a few minutes before I heard footsteps coming towards my room. If it had been any other day I'd think it was some intruder but I knew it was Niall.

He walked outside my room, onto my balcony with his guitar in hand. I had no clue about guitars or anything to do with music but I remember Niall always had a fascination for playing the guitar.

"Tatum!" I heard Niall shout. "Come here I have something to show you!"

"What do you want Niall?" I said, walking downstairs with an annoyed expression painted on my face. I was busy doing stuff and the idiot had to ruin what I was doing and make me come downstairs.

"Look what my dad got me for my birthday!" Niall said, holding up a large guitar in his hands. It looked like it was almost bigger than him but he looked so excited for it and I was happy for him.

"Play something for me Niall! Lemme hear what you've done so far," I eagerly said, sitting on the couch, waiting for him to play something. My hands were resting underneath my chin as my eyes were glued onto Niall, not daring to move.

I saw Niall sit down, positioning the guitar and placing his fingers towards the top. He was getting ready to strum and I was so excited to hear what he could play when I heard the world's crunchiest chord be played.

I thought that something fell but when I looked up at Niall, his cheeks were red, to show how embarrassed he was. I started laughing in a way to make Niall try and feel better but nothing seemed to work.

Instead of saying something, I walked up over to him and gave him a big, fat hug. His hands stayed on the guitar while mine tightened around him but I felt his body melt into mine. I whispered in his ear and told him that he needed practice and he'd be better in no time.

That was the day he made a resolution to never stop practicing and trying until he learned how to play properly. A few simple words from me was all he needed.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Niall asked, hitting my thigh with the end of his guitar to wake me up from my daydream. Or well, my flashback of us when we were in sixth and seventh grade. We were so young.

Imagine if middle school us could see us now. What would they think? Would they be happy that we're finally together? Or would they be mad over the fact that we're practically lying to everyone that we love?