chapter eight

Tatum's POV:

A week had passed since the whole ordeal with Niall interrupting my date and the two of us had a mutual agreement to never talk about it. Nolan and I still hadn't rescheduled our date and to be honest, I was scared to ask him.

I really did want to reschedule that date with him but a nagging feeling inside of me kept telling me no, to push it back, to wait to ask him. The two of us had basically ignored each other this entire week, unless we had to communicate, which was very rare.

He hadn't made any move to ask me about rescheduling so I just decided to grow some fucking courage and ask him myself.

"Hey Nolan," I said, sitting down in my seat. Indie and Zayn weren't here yet so I used this as a perfect opportunity to ask him.

"Hey Tatum," he responded back, muttering the two words as if he didn't want to talk to me.

"We never rescheduled after that day. Is that still something you wanted to do Nolan? I'll make sure no one interrupts us this time," I joked, slightly laughing but he didn't think it was that funny.

"Look Tatum," he said, turning in his desk. "I would love to go on another date with you but we shouldn't. No matter how much you deny it, that dude, Niall, has feelings for you and you have feelings for him too. You probably don't even realize but I don't want to go on a date with you when there's another guy on your mind."

"Nolan I'm sorry-"

"What's up bitches?" Indie yelled as she walked into the classroom, walking over to our table. "Damn, the tension is thick in here. What the hell happened?"

***

After French was finally over, Indie and Zayn started harassing me about what was going on, since I hadn't told the two of them about our date. I mentioned he asked me but I never told them all the details about it, especially with Niall.

"So you're telling me that you and Nolan went on a date, Niall somehow was there, he interrupted your date, and then he basically confessed his feelings for you?" Indie asked, trying to clarify. She looked in shock as I told both of them the story, especially when I mentioned Niall's confession in the car.

"To sum it up, basically yeah."

"And do you feel the same way?" Zayn asked, trying to see where my head was at with all of this.

"Guys come on, me and Niall couldn't even do anything. Harry would kill us-"

"I didn't ask about Harry, Tate. I asked about you. Do you have feelings for Niall? If there wasn't anything stopping you would you date him?" Zayn asked again.

"Yes, hundred percent I would. I've had a crush on him since we were little, guys, but I'm not going to let Niall ruin his friendship. I won't let him do that. It would be unfair to him because we probably won't even last. We have different dreams and things we want to do," I explained, spilling out my thoughts.

I would love to be in a relationship with Niall but there were just too many things against us. I didn't want to say it but it was true.

"Take it from me, I think you should go for it. Even if you two don't last, you'll regret it in the future that you didn't even give it a chance. If Niall is okay with doing this, then I think you should at least try Tatum. That's my two cents," Indie said, a smile on her face.

I knew the two always wanted me and Niall to get together but they had never really talked about it, more so using their actions and other things to show how much they wanted us to start dating.