chapter fourteen

Tatum's POV:

"Hi baby," I heard Niall say when I picked up the phone. Another few weeks had passed since I went to the scrimmage and I had seen Niall a few times since then.

It was hard to find ways but most of the time I had to hang out with him whenever Harry or Sam was here because it was too suspicious if we told everyone that we wanted to hang out alone. That was the main struggle with everything.

"Hi Ni," I replied, putting the phone against my ear and holding it against my shoulder while moving around my room, cleaning up a little. I had clothes thrown everywhere and my makeup was spreading my vanity and I only now realized how messy it was.

"Are you free today?" he asked, making me confused. He told me he wasn't coming back home till next week.

"Yeah I don't think I have anything. What's up?" I responded, putting him on speakerphone while taking my sweatshirt off and leaving myself in a random black tank top that I threw on underneath.

It was incredibly hot and even wearing just a simple pair of shorts and a crop top was making me sweat. It was the one downside to living in a beach town.

"Would you want to hang out with me tonight? Maybe a little date with just the two of us?" Niall asked, my heart racing. I didn't expect him to ask me on a date but I felt like one of those typical girls who started hyperventilating when a boy asked them out on a date and I could feel my cheeks heat up.

"Is Harry not gonna be with you tonight?" I asked, making sure that he wouldn't have any idea that this was happening.

"He's gotta work on some group project for one of his classes. He's also not coming back home tonight to surprise the girl he's asking on a date so you don't have to worry about that," Niall laughed into the phone.

I didn't process the last sentence Niall had said until I heard a car honk right outside my window. I ran to throw the curtains open and saw him standing outside the car with his black sunglasses resting on his face.

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" I screamed outside the window, hanging up on Niall on the phone. I didn't wait for him to respond but instead I ran downstairs and opened the door to talk to him.

"Surprise pretty girl," Niall said, holding his arms open so I could hug him. I ran into his arms and he picked me up, twirling me around before placing me down and pressing his lips against mine.

The soft feelings of his lips against mine made me melt into his body, the feeling being something that I had missed during these past few weeks.

Sure, Niall and I had talked over facetime and texted but it wasn't the same as being able to be with each other. Just the two of us after so long.

"Looking so fucking stunning baby," Niall whispered into my ear. I was blushing from his words because all I was wearing was some volleyball shorts which were riding up my ass and the tank top.

Had I known he was coming I would've thrown on some pants but I didn't really think about it before I ran out of the house. It was on the back of my mind but I pulled away from Niall, trying to pull my shorts down so they would cover my ass before Niall slapped my hand.

"Don't you dare," he seethed, as a way to warn me. I pulled my hands off my shorts and brought them up to his face, taking his sunglasses off. I wanted to see his pretty blue eyes under the sun and his sunglasses were preventing that.

"I like these sunglasses. Maybe I should steal them," I said, putting them on my face. They were plain black but they were a little too big for my face so they rested on my eyes and nose weirdly than it did on Niall.