chapter four

Tatum's POV:

School had finally ended, my energy for the day already being drained. As much as I loved being back with my friends, I forgot how much energy it took to wake up early, go to school, sit in all six of my classes, and then finally drive home and then have to start my homework.

Thankfully because it was my senior year, we didn't have any homework for the first week or so, only having to get syllabi signed by our parents or fill out some online form. I was already 18 so I could just sign them myself so that took away an extra task I had to do.

As I parked the car after pulling up into the driveway, I noticed another car parked on the street. It looked so familiar and I couldn't place exactly whose it was until I felt someone run up to me, capturing me into a tight hug. As soon as I felt the person's body on top of mine, I knew exactly who it was.

"Hi Sam," I said, laughing before turning around so I could see her properly. Sam was in the same grade as Harry and Niall, but she and I were alway good friends.

She always supported me in everything I did and sometimes it felt like she was my best friend rather than Harry's. I had missed her over the summer; she traveled to Colombia with her family to visit some of her cousins and aunts and uncles but I didn't know she was back.

Sam told me she was planning on attending our local community college, Cuesta College, because her family didn't have much money and she also didn't know what she wanted to do. So instead of spending thousands on college as an undecided major, Sam chose community college as the better option.

"Tatum!" she squealed into my ear, hugging me so tightly that I felt all the air leave my body. "Ugh you got even more hotter, how is that possible?"

"Shut up Sam," I responded, slightly blushing at her sentence. Sam was hot, there was no doubt about that. The way she complimented me always made me feel nice, especially when someone who looked like a fucking Greek goddess like her said it. "When did you come back from Colombia?"

"I came back a few days ago but the jet lag was kinda of bad, especially since I was there for over a month this time," she explained. "I normally barely feel anything cause it's only three hours but damn, this time it was rough."

"I missed you Sam," I said, taking a good look at her. Sam was wearing a pair of navy blue sweatpants, complimented by a plain white crop top and some black converses. Even in simple clothes like this, she looked absolutely amazing. Her belly button piercing sat perfectly on her stomach, two tiny jewels sticking out. Since when has she had that?

"You have no right to say I got hotter. Have you seen yourself Sam? You look incredible! Your tan is just perfect. Also when the fuck did you get your belly button pierced?" I asked.

"Fuck off with that," Sam blushed, tossing her hand towards me. "Also I got it pierced at the beginning of summer. Didn't I tell you? My mom finally gave in and it was a "graduation" gift."

"No but it look fucking amazing on you. Damn it really makes you fucking hot Sammy," I said, looking down at her piercing and then back up at her. "Let's go inside, my mom will be excited to see you."

I grabbed Sam's hand and dragged her inside of my house, calling for my mom only to hear her respond and say that she was in the kitchen. As we walked into the kitchen, my mom was doing some prep for dinner and Harry was sitting at the counter, eating some random snack.

"Hi mom," I said, giving her a small peck on the cheek before putting my stuff down near the stairs and tossing my car keys into the bowl near the front door.

"Hi honey," my mom said before noticing that Sam was here. "Oh Sam sweetheart come here," she said, waving Sam over to her so she could pull her into a hug. Sam, Niall, and Adam were like my mom's adopted children on Harry's side of friends, just like how Indie and Zayn were on my side.