The Story of The Killer.

“What happened?” those were words that Jess knew would bring back memories that she didn't want to revisit. But instead of holding it in Jess found that she had begun explaining.
“You remember James, right?” stupid question, her Dad wasn't likely to forget his only Brother, her Uncle. “And, you remember Leah?” Jess looked down and smiled as she recalled her cousin's platinum hair and her twinkling blue eyes. “Well, James and I were, as you know, close. He treated me not like his neice but like his daughter. In his company I was equal to my best friend and cousin. And you remember when I used to go home, and then visit Leah and James?” Jessica looked up and gave her parents an intense stare for making her dig up the past.
“On the way out of school, Leah must have been snatched. I remember James panicking, gasping and swearing. At around seven in the evening, the doorbell rang. And on the top step lay an unconscious Leah. Blood on her trousers.
“We soon discovered that this innocent little girl was raped. Matthews. Jon Matthews. Our suspect. He came to the window of the living room and shot two bullets from a loaded rifle. The first grazed the side of James's arm and smashed a china vase that just exploded - sending soil and cut up green leaves everywhere. And the bullet. I remember staring at the plant - first death I'd ever seen. Realisation hit us and we looked down at Leah on the sofa. Blood gushed out of her chest, but the rest of her was unmoving. Her arm draped lifelessly down the side of the sofa. James flopped down on the arm of the seat and carefully touched her, like she was only asleep. Then he screamed. You could practically feel the pain in his voice. His daughter, my cousin, my best friend was dead.
"James went crazy and was analysing the bullet when he found that the bullets were engraved with his name, J.J. Matthews.”
Jess looked up at her parents and they nodded seriously for her to carry on.
“But it wasnt Matthews. It was one of his men. Matthews finished the business. The day after, he asked me whether I wanted to avoid being Leah, and of course, I said 'yes'. Almost immediately he started teaching me how to throw a basic punch. I hadn't realised until the design was finished that he had turned his living room into a . . . martial arts room, foam mats were on the floor, new guns hung on the wall, and a fresh black punch bag swung from a silver bracket. It was hard, and it hurt but soon enough I could fight back. And on the year anniversary of Leah's death James took me to Matthews apartment. I have no idea how he found it. He just gave me these green clothes, told me to be quiet and to follow his lead and then, before I knew it, he had drugged Matthews and a woman. His wife. We sat their unconscious bodies on chairs and tied them to it. They faced eachother and they quickly came to. I vaguely remember the words that James spoke. "Jonathan Jordan Matthews, what you did to Leah will be passed on to your wife." and then James just hit without a care in the world, he forced Matthews to watch as this woman was beaten. And then James pointed at me, I had been lurking at the door, I didn't understand what was happening and I didn't want to. But now I know why. Despite cries and threats from Matthews I walked over, stared at the poor woman, raised my Katana, and stabbed her in the stomach. She squirmed, so James slit her throat. We let his guards up then. And vanished before any knew that we were there, the only traces we had left was the dead wife of Matthews.”

“Then what?!” her mother snarled at her clearly disgusted. But she had asked for the truth and it was too late to go back.
“We decided to kill people. Not just any people though, not what the others think. We killed criminals, but only when they were assaulting somebody. We wanted help those who couldn't call for help,and when they thought no help would come. We give people help, because none came to Leah. People, like Spencer and Matthews, thought that we killed for fun. No, there was a pattern. One night James was killed by him and it was my turn to make up the excuse to tell the family why he died, he did the same with Leah.”

“That's disgusting! How could you do that!” Joanne screamed at her.

“It wasn't us that started it!” Jess defended herself.

“But it was you who finished it!”

“I had to kill him. He was killing our family slowly but definitely. You remember Olivia, don't you?! Well, her fiance was a killer, worked for Matthews. He was starting at distant family and then working his way forward. It was going to be you two soon.”

“I can't have a daughter like you! Killing people! Monsters do that!” Joanne yelled whilst getting up and marching towards the door. She opened it. “I don't want to see you again,” and she walked out.
“I understand what you did. I'm not saying it's right but I'll talk to her.”
“Thank you,” Jessica said, a tear rolling down her miserable face.
He exited the room but Jessica could still near the screams of abuse directed at each other. Her mother saying that she was useless and her father explaining why she did it. She had never felt so grateful in her life that her Father was nothing like her Mother. Jessica lay in her hospital bed and listened to the argument.

And decided that she would change.