0 - A New Hero

Varunton's Heroes (1974)

Varunton served as the home to a renowned group of superheroes known as the Protectors of the Light. Their dedication and love for the city made them beloved figures among the people. The team consisted of five mutants, each possessing unique abilities:

Replicant, the leader of the group, commanded and coordinated the team. He possessed the ability to replicate the superpowers of both heroes and villains, enabling him to adapt to any situation and confront any villain.

Arcana, Replicant's wife and the second-in-command. She had the ability to construct anything her imagination conceived, using pure magic. Her ability to create weapons, structures, and even entire landscapes in an instant made her an invaluable asset to the team.

Harmonia, the support member of the group, also had a passion for music. She possessed the ability to use music both for healing allies and for harming enemies. With her melodious syndrome, she could turn the tide of any battle.

ThunderFist, unmatched in basic combat skills, was a true expert in hand-to-hand combat. His unrivaled abilities made life difficult for any villain foolish enough to challenge him. With lightning-fast attacks and exceptional technique, he is a threat to anyone who dares to stand in his way.

Dead-Eye
, the marksman of the group, had the ability to snipe criminals with deadly precision from a distance. With his eagle eye and steady hands, he struck fear into the hearts of even the most powerful villains.

One day, the team gathered at their headquarters to discuss their future plans. After years of service, they contemplated retirement and passing on the responsibility to a new generation of heroes.

"I'm not ready for the next generation of mutants." ThunderFist expressed his concerns about the next generation, questioning their preparedness for the ever-changing world.

"I am," Replicant stated, having faith in the potential of future heroes.

ThunderFist turned to Replicant, questioning, "Do you think there will be heroes capable of taking our mantle? The world is changing rapidly, and the challenges we faced may not be the same for the next generation; in fact, they might be more dangerous. Will they be prepared for such missions?"

Harmonia and Arcana chimed in, expressing their beliefs. "Yes," Arcana elaborated. "Perhaps not exactly like us as a group, but I can imagine a new generation of heroes who share our values and loyalty."

Harmonia added to Arcana's point. "Their unity might be different, but I believe their syndromes will be stronger and more advanced."

Turning to Dead-Eye, ThunderFist sought his opinion. "And what about you, Dead-Eye? How do you see the next generation of mutants?

"I prefer not to take sides," Dead-Eye replied simply, "but if young heroes ever come to me for help, I'll be there, no questions asked."

Confidently, Replicant asserted, "I truly believe that a unique superhero will emerge in the future, someone unlike any hero before. It could be their superpower, personality, morals, or ideals that set them apart."

"Enough about the future," Dead-Eye redirected their attention. "Let's discuss that mysterious entity we witnessed last month during the heavy rainfall."

As soon as he mentioned it, silence fell over the group. A month ago, they had all witnessed a strange event—an unknown entity that appeared out of nowhere, gazed at them, and vanished just as quickly.

"It appeared mysteriously in the rainy night sky," Harmonia recalled.

Arcana wondered, "Do you think it's related to my recurring dream?" The faction knew about her recurring dream of being a mother to two daughters who tragically perished by being struck by lightning.

"Whatever it is, I'll use my martial arts to take down that monster," ThunderFist confidently proclaimed, believing he could overpower the entity.

Replicant pointed his finger at ThunderFist. "Don't be too sure of yourself. As for the mysterious entity, let's wait and see what happens. We shouldn't alarm the citizens about it; we don't want them to worry."

Months went by, and the group kept watch over the night sky, waiting for any signs of the enigmatic entity that had captivated their attention. They monitored the news for reports of unusual sightings or unexplained phenomena.

Despite waiting for a year, the entity never reappeared. It was as if it had never existed—a figment of their collective imagination.

After years of dedicated service to the city and its citizens, the group finally felt ready to retire. They organized a ceremony to commemorate their achievements and bid farewell to the city and its people.

As Replicant glanced at the crowd one last time, walking away from the ceremony, his thoughts turned to the future.

'You may not have even been born yet, but whoever you are, I have great expectations for you," he silently mused, thinking about the unique mutant he believed would emerge in time.

Little did Replicant know that hero would not be born for another decade. What he also didn't know was that this hero would be his future grandson.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------