Acrophobia

It was pitch black outside and only a few lights were on inside the mansion . Delilah didn't want to go in through the front doors as it was too late and they were probably locked anyway . The only thing she could really think of was climbing in through a window , but she had no idea how to do that . Then , Delilah remembered Webby's window and how it had had that long string of foliage climbing down the side . Carefully , Delilah made her way around to the side of the manor to Webby's window and , sure enough , her light was on , just enough to illuminate the vines by the side of her window . Seeing as Webby was still awake , Delilah thought the best course of action was to simply ask Webby if she could climb in through her window - but at the same time she couldn't just tell her true intentions on why she wanted to get inside in the first place . Now , Delilah was very much against lying , but she felt that this was a certain time when it was needed .
Delilah looked around to see if there was anything she could throw at Webby's window to get her attention , and her eyes met a few broken bricks laying by the side of the manor's walls . Picking up the smallest pieces so she wouldn't break the window , Delilah mustered up all the strength she had to throw the brick remnants all the way at Webby's bedroom window . After a few times , Delilah waited to see if Webby would respond - if at all - to her attempts at getting her attention . Fortunately , it worked and Webby opened her bedroom window , peering down into the darkness below her . " Webby ! I need your help ! " Delilah whisper-yelled up to her . Webby squinted her eyes and looked further down from her window to adjust her eyes until eventually , she could see Delilah standing on the ground below her . " What ? What do you need help with ? " Webby whispered down to her , and Delilah explained her problem . What she didn't tell Webby though , was that she planned to steal the compass from Scrooge's office .
" Alright , you can climb through my window . Just make sure to be VERY quiet ! Duckworth roams around the halls at night to prevent intruders , and he could hear you ! " Webby said softly as she opened her window all the way so Delilah could climb inside . " Thanks Webby !! " Delilah whisper-yelled gratefully , and she approached the long vine to her room . She looked up and all of a sudden it was a lot taller than she thought . She hated heights , and here she was about to climb up 16 feet off the ground . Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath , she grabbed the foliage tight and began to climb . Webby and the others made it look so easy , but to Delilah it was one of the most difficult things she had ever done . Eyes still closed , Delilah concentrated all her energy in climbing up the long vine , until she opened them out of instinct . Almost immediately, she saw just how high up she had gone and the panic began to set in . She clung onto the foliage with her arms and legs , hyperventilating and looking at the ground . " Delilah ! Are you okay ? What happened ?! " Webby called down to her . She had made it about halfway and Webby's window was almost within reach . " I ,, I'm getting scared ! " Delilah said shakily , closing her eyes tightly and tightening her shoulders to keep her backpack full of things tightly on her . " Delilah , it's okay ! You're almost there ! Here , grab my hand and I'll pull you up ! " Webby reached her hand out as far as it would go out of her window , but it was still too far for Delilah to reach . " I don't know if I can do it ! " Delilah said frantically . She had held her grip for too long and was now sliding down slowly . " C'mon ! I know you can do it !! " Webby encouraged , and Delilah once again shut her eyes . She started to take deep breaths to calm down and loosened her grip a little . Webby's kind words played over in her head , and with all the strength and courage she had left Delilah climbed up a few more feet and grabbed Webby's hand . As soon as their hands came into contact , Webby pulled Delilah up the wall and into her window .
Once inside , Delilah stood in Webby's room for a little bit to catch her breath and process all the stuff that had happened . Webby closed the window behind her . " You did it , Delilah ! " Webby said happily as she hugged Delilah tight ; Delilah hugged her back . " Yeah ,, it was really scary though ,, " Delilah said in a soft , almost whisper-like tone . Webby gave Delilah a soft pat of reassurance and Delilah took another deep breath . " So , what was it that you said you needed to get in the manor for ? " Webby asked her . Delilah froze and thought for a moment . Delilah was not NEARLY as good at lying as Louie was , but she tried to think of something quick . " Uh , I needed to ,,,,, use the bathroom ! " Delilah said on the spot. " But doesn't Donald's houseboat have- " Webby began before Delilah quickly went out to the hall and cut her off . " Nope ! No bathroom in the houseboat ! Byee ! " Delilah swiftly but carefully made her way down the hall , out of Webby's sight . However , little did Delilah know that Webby knew she was up to something .