Chapter 1: A Vision

[공주와 마술]

Chapter 1

"What will it take for you to love me?"

'Hmm? What's this? A dream? Oh'

"What will it take for you to love me? Should I become like Jennette? If I do, then will you call my name dearly like you do hers, and watch me with warmth in your eyes? Will you hold me in your arms...Without pushing me away?" Asked the crying princess.

Claude watched the kneeling Athanasia before him, the daughter he abandoned, and swore he would never love. "Such a thing won't happen until the day I die."

"Why is that?"

"I'm your daughter too, father. I was by your side much longer than Jennette." She cried.

"You fool." He said, eyes piercing with contempt.

His voice digging into Athanasia's ears was more cruel than ever. She let go of the grab she had on her father, and sobbed tears full of sorrow.

"There was never a day I considered you my daughter."

'Oh? This is a different setting. Father, how heartless you are. Wait– Jennette no!-'

Her half sister coughed up blood.
"Ah...Sister.."

"Guards!" Athanasia exclaimed.

The guards centered outside the door of the room, barged in,

"Princess Jennette!"

The guards looked back and the Athanasia who was holding Jennette up, eyes full with suspicion.

"Did you do this...Princess?"

"W-What? No! Of course not! W-Why would you ask that?"

Claude came into the room, 'What is all this commotion?' He thought. Finally, he sees Jennette, blood was on her.

"Athanasia! You wench!" He falsely accused.

"Father? I- I didn't do this! I swear, just please get her a medic."

Claude took a moment, and finally called in a medic, Jennette was now resting and healing from the poison that was in her tea.

"Athanasia you...You did this didn't you?"

"What? Of course not! Why are you still asking that father- I-"

"Guards! Get her! She is treasoned with poisoning the second princess of the empire. Have her hanged by this week."

"Yes sire." The guards obeyed.

'Father...? Wait no! I never did that- Ah- No!-' But her voice was not heard, as she was just a witness to all the things that were happening.