Chapter 9: Reunited

A/N: im dropping this fanfic even though its been like 3 days (?) yeah i get bored easily and this is the last chapter, no its not the ending its just the last chapter i wrote before i decided to end it (oh and this chapter is also unfinished i didnt wanna leave without saying anything so heres ur last crumb of entertainment 😍🥰😊)

[공주와 마술사]

Chapter 9

"Don't be stupid, it wouldn't be fun if you died."

I stepped into my room, Lily isn't here

I stepped into my room, Lily isn't here. She must've gone back to her duties. I guess I'll prepare myself for going to bed on my own. I took a quick bath and put on my nightgown. It's the same one I've always worn. I walked to my nightstand, there's no roses. Right. I'm at the palace, not the tower. I miss him. I went out to the balcony to calm myself, amazing right?

My old room never had a balcony, and this one does. Might I also add that this was significantly better than the old one? I felt the cold air brushing through my hair, how calming.

"Lucas..."

"And here I thought you left me. My heart aches for your return, my princess."

I looked at the playful voice calling from behind me, Lucas? What was he doing here? How did he get in? Before I could say anything else, he walked towards me, almost a bit too close for my liking.

"W-What are you doing here Lucas?"

"To take you back of course," He looked closely at my features, examining them.

"Have you been crying? Your eyes look puffy."

'Should I just kill whoever made her cry? It was her dad again wasn't it? Tsk, I should kill him after all.' Lucas really wanted to put a knife in her dad right now.

"Just some tears, hey Lucas, could you help me with something?" I asked while fidgeting with my fingers, will he accept? He would, right?

"Yeah, what is it?" He was curious, what did she want? She never particularly asked for anything, what could this be?

"Can you...Help me kill his majesty and the princess...?" I looked back at his face, he was shocked. Oh no. He must think I'm crazy now right? I shouldn't have asked that–

"I'm sorry it's totally oka-"

Before I could finish he cut me off,

"I thought you'd never ask." He smirked, 'Did she finally regain her senses now? I've been waiting for this.' Lucas finally got the permission to kill the ones who'd been hurting her.

I was surprised. He didn't think it was weird? Really? Had he wanted to do it all this time? Relief washed over me.

"Y–You didn't think I was crazy? Wasn't it weird?"

"Of course not. Do you know how long I've been fantasizing about killing them? Way too long."

Oh. He thought about that too? Thank god I wasn't the only one.

"How should I kill them? I don't really know yet–"

Suddenly, blood spilled out of my mouth. What? Was I sick? I looked up to see Lucas' horrified face. Is he okay? Am I okay? He suddenly grabbed my chin up to face him, his grip was strong.

He furrowed his eyebrows,"You–You were poisoned...!"

I was...poisoned? W-What? Who would do this?

"Countess Rosalia." I spat out.

Huh? Jennette's aunt? What did I just say? Why would the countess do this? Ah–does she want to place her niece on the throne? I should've figured. Blood was still dripping down my chin, staining my nightdress.

"Countess? What countess? Did she do this? I'll kill her."

Before Lucas could turn around and go on with his plan, I stopped him. I couldn't have an uproar about the countess turning up dead while I was still in the palace. I needed to go back to the tower.

"Let's just go back to the tower."

"Fine."

In a second, we were back. The stress was now replaced by a feeling of comfort. I didn't know I could get attached to this tower in such a short amount of time.

"Now let's check what poison you ingested..." He grumbled. It was annoying, why did she have to drink poison? 'I should've followed her yesterday.' He thought begrudgingly.

'This poison...I've never seen this before. That countess must've gotten this at a huge price. Oh? She's going to die.' Lucas was angry at those last words. He didn't want her to die. 

original ending before i decided to drop it: athanasia dying in lucas' arms while they have their first kiss 💕🥶😁👍