Chapter 4: Moving in

[공주와 마술사]

Chapter 4

"It feels like flowers are blooming inside my mouth"

"Move faster!" Lucas yelled from the top of the stairs

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" I dropped my bag on one of the steps to take a breath.

"I don't see you moving princess!" He said annoyed at my speed.

"Ugh! Just let me breathe for one second! Just how long are these stairs?!"

I could've sworn I saw him rolling his eyes at me. That monstrous bastard! How could he make me, a princess, walk all these steps, and not even bother to help me carry my bag?! Perhaps living in this tower for so long made him forget his manners.

Finally, I reached the first floor. It was bigger than I imagined. It was smaller on the exterior. Oh well, probably one of Lucas' magic tricks again. He offered–or rather, told me to stay at the tower. Although the way he said it was a bit...demanding, I obeyed. A free place to stay, and with a person I don't really mind at that. How could I say no?

"Where's my room?" I asked curiously, my eyes lit in excitement.

"Up there, do you see the bed? That's what I use, but it could be yours for the time being."

"What? Can't you make a separate bed for me?"

"Don't wanna."

This jerk! Where will he sleep then?

"Then where would you sleep?"

"On the couch by the fireplace. I sleep on the couch mostly anyways."

"Oh."

"Why? Are you worried? Oh the princess was worried for me, how nice." He grasped his heart playfully pretending to be touched. This bastard! I regret ever talking to him!

"Just go away!"

"I live here"

"UGH!"

I made my way up the stairs and laid down on the bed. The tower is nice, the bedroom is more like a loft. There's no doors or walls, just a fence looking down at the living room. There's mostly bookshelves around us, but I don't mind. It feels cozy. Unlike the Ruby Palace. The palace was cold, quiet, and old. You could even see the paint cracking in my bedroom in my old home. But his tower was... the opposite, and the bed is ridiculously soft.

I slowly closed my eyes, hoping to fall asleep, until–

"Princess!"

"What do you want, Lucas?"

"Nothing, just wanted to hear your voice." I could hear the smirk on his face.

God, this pretty jerk.

"Are you hungry? You seem like you are." He asked.

Almost on cue, my stomach rumbled.

"Yeah..." I replied back.

I got up the bed and went downstairs to the living room, to see Lucas make breakfast using his magic just on the coffee table.

I thanked him quietly. He's nice.

Bacon and eggs. What's this smell? Tea? I picked up the teacup on the table, closely examining it. I think I've seen father drink this, never had the chance to ask him what it was though.

"What's this tea?"

"Lippe tea."

I slowly brought the cup to my mouth, tasting the tea.

"It feels like flowers are blooming inside my mouth." I smiled.

'I'll get her Lippe tea every day then, it seems that she likes it.' Lucas felt happy. If she's happy, then he is too.

"Glad you like it princess."

It's been a week since moving in with Lucas, although we argue everyday, it's way more fun than my old life in the palace. And I also just turned 18! News of my disappearance reached everyone, but not even a team to come and find me. It broke me. But as Lucas had said, I shouldn't waste my tears on people like them.

On the day of my 18th birthday, I told Lucas I liked red roses. So he brings me a fresh bouquet of them every morning on my nightstand. It's sweet. My heart flutters at the thought and at the action. I think I'm slowly falling for him.

"Lucas..." I muttered quietly.

"Did you need something?"

"Yeah, you out of my face."

'Her sassiness gets me every single time. She should be thankful I like that about her.'

"Again, did you need something? You said my name."

"I just missed you, that's all..." I whispered. It's embarrassing really, me liking him.

Lucas' face flushed. 'What's this? The princess? She missed me? Oh...Well who wouldn't! I am amazing after all!' The redness of his face was quickly replaced by arrogance.

"Of course you did. I am amazing after all." He proudly said.

Ugh, and there he goes with his ego again. Just how big is this man's ego? Of all the people in the world, I chose to fall in love with this jerk.

"Yeah, yeah. Just go to sleep, Lucas, it's 10pm already!"

"I could say the same to you. Sweet dreams Athanasia." He smiled gently at the princess.

"You too."