Chapter 7: A Blooming Rose

[공주와 마술사]

Chapter 7

"I like you"

"Lucas!"

I ran to him and wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him. His hands found their place on my waist.

"Did you miss me princess?"

"Shut it."

He laughed softly at my response, if I could replay it again, I would. We were surrounded by a field of flowers.

"Was this the surprise?" I asked excitedly.

"Yep, you like it?"

"Of course I do, you moron!"

The night before, he told me he had a surprise in store for me. I expected another bouquet of roses, but this is way more better than I imagined. How did he know I like flowers? Ah! I know what to do now, to thank him I'll make him a flower crown. I took my arms off of him, and ran around finding flowers for the crown.

"What are you doing?" He asked while following me through the field.

"Finding flowers to make you a flower crown!"

"Wow princess, you like me that much, huh?" He smiled at his words. 'The princess likes me, that doesn't sound too bad. Plus, she doesn't even try to hide it.'

"I do. I like you Lucas."

Oh no. What did I just say? It just came out. It wasn't wrong but–oh. His face looks shocked. Does he not like me too? I should say something–

'I knew it.' He smiled, he hadn't been this happy in years. He knew she liked him, but hearing it from her made him feel like he was the happiest man alive.

"Me too, Athanasia."

A cheeky grin was placed on his lips. God. You don't know how badly I want to kiss you right now. I need to think about something else or I might just die out of happiness,

"Well, obviously! W-Who doesn't?" I tried to act casual about it, but I stuttered. This was so embarrassing. I wanted to ignore my feelings, but how could I when he's staring at me so intently? Oh look! The roses are blooming.

"The roses are blooming." I said as I watched in awe. I never saw a rose bloom before my eyes before. It was pretty.

'She looks dazed. The roses might be pretty, but you're prettier Athanasia.' He brought up his hand and took her hair to his lips. Gently kissing it.

What was he doing?! Is he trying to internally kill me? I turned as red as a tomato. This stupid magician!

"I- I'm going to go pick more flowers! See you...!" I quickly turned the other way. I need to be as far away from him as possible. And pick as many flowers as I can to make him a pretty flower crown.

'Cute.' Lucas always thought her actions were cute, how she would try to hide her flustered face from his, and her witty remarks made it all the better.

I ran as fast as I could. I needed to calm my heart. It was beating too fast, I wasn't mentally prepared for this confession yet!

Now far away from him, I picked some flowers, following a trail,

"What a boring bitch."

That voice. I recognize the chilling and cold voice anywhere, my father the emperor, Claude de Alger Obelia. I turned to face the owner of the voice,

"F-Father...?" I was scared, my trembling hands let go of the flowers I had in hand.

"So, you were here. I should've known."

"What are you doing here father?" My legs almost lost their strength, I hoped it was all a dream. But the fear that I was feeling couldn't be fake.

"For a stroll outside the palace. Until, I heard a familiar voice. Running away with your lover, huh? How stupid."

How dare he! I ran away because of you! You! Tears started to come up.

"Guards! Get her." His eyes staring holes into my face, ah. Someone save me. I wanted to cry.

"W-What? Ah–No! Please let go...!" I weakly protested, but the guard's hold on my arms was too strong. I was dragged to the Emerald palace?

"Lock her up in a room and make sure she never gets out. She needs to learn not to run away."

"No!" Before I could run away, the doors were closed shut. I tried opening it but it was locked. I desperately banged my hand on the door with tears streaming down my face,

"Please! Let me out! Let me out! I promise I won't do it again just please–"

"Let me out..."