The unbeatable

"Good! Bring him to my room, and don't forget to check him before. God knows how many weapons he carries on his body."

Theodore leaned back on his chair. The whole day was exhausting. They finally managed to get their hands on the famous criminal mastermind, the unbeatable. Nobody knows anything about him, just those cold black eyes, which glows a little gold when he's lusting for blood or sex. Saying Theodore was proud to have caught him after years of hard work was an understatement. He had nearly killed himself for this moment to come. And he can't wait to see the unbeatable, as he calls himself, to show up in his room, all lost. But though he was waiting eagerly for the person he waited for a long time to come, the head officer couldn't help but feel a little nervous about everything. He couldn't blame himself, this is the unbeatable we are talking about. How won't a person be afraid of the serial killer who had been a torture for the government and people for 5 years? And finally, of all the officers, it was Theodore who got him, thanks to his junior assistant Valt Aoi, who got a promotion to one of the higher ranks of the police station. He prepared his guns under the table, in case the criminal makes a move, and prepared himself.

Theodore heard a knock on his door. "Come in!" He called out.

The door opened, revealing two of his police officers on either side of the boy in the middle. Theodore's heart leaped. He expected the serial killer to be at least about the age of 25-30. But this child looked like he was on his early teens.

"Sir, we tried to gather information about him. But he won't budge." Rantaro said. But Theodore was barely listening. He couldn't see the boy's face clearly as it was masked by his hair. But he had a pale complexion, blond hair with a red streak and was very thin and pale. Theodore can't believe what he was seeing.

"Chain him to the chair, I'll ask him myself." Theodore said, eyes never leaving the boy. And his workers did what they were told. Rantaro cuffed his hands to the back of the chair while Xander tied up his legs to the chair's. Then the bowed and left.

"The unbeatable..." Theodore muttered as his eyes wandered on the boy. This was slightly concerning. The children of his age doing things like this only meant that they'd have a disturbing past. But he can't do anything about it unless the boy opens up.

"I think you could start talking." Theodore said in his commanding voice. The boy looked up, and Theodore's heart did another huge leap.

It was just like they said. Cold black eyes which could stun you to any extent. Blank, with a narrow ring of grey on the border of the iris. Even his expression was pitch blank, almost haunting. The moment the head office saw his face, all he saw was the result of a young teen who was traumatised all his life.

"What's your name?" Theodore asked, trying to ignore the slight waver on his chest after seeing the boy.

"None of your business." His voice came smooth and blank, just like him. It was very quiet, and Theodore felt the voice echoing slightly in the room, sending chills down his spine. And the voice, it indeed sounded like a boy in his mid teens.

"Ok, none of your business. How old are you?" Theodore asked sarcastically. And for the first time since he came here, the boy's blank expression changed, turning into a frown. At least now he looked more human, Theodore thought. The boy give a challenging glare to Theodore, which he gave right back. Theodore won, the boy looked like he was starting to become bored of glaring on the head officer.

"Fifteen." So his calculations were correct. This boy was indeed underage. He had to know what triggered his mind to start killing, but he couldn't do it with haste. He'll have to be patient.

"What are your parents' names?" Theodore asked. Something flashed through the boy's eyes, but then he said, "I don't know."

Theodore did a mental double take, "What do you mean you don't know?"

"I lived alone all my life." The boy said. Theodore frowned. That's not even possible. An infant cannot survive without their parents. From what he knew, 98% of the world's infants without a guardian never survives childhood. He decided to take a few more answers before going to the next step.

"Do you have friends?" Theodore asked silkily. The boy nodded. 

"Boa, Silas and Kristina."

"Are they all like you?" Theodore asked, finding himself deep inside the boy's life.

"Sort of. Silas is a drug dealer, and Boa is a thief. Kristina is the only one who have a normal life, and before you ask, no. She does not know about what I am." The boy said, almost like describing the weather. It was unbelievable how easily he's talking about everything. Theodore decided to ask the hardest part now.

"Then what made you turn into who you are now?" The boy paused. Theodore asked himself if it was really too early and quick to ask that. But he didn't have much patience. The boy- He was different from all the other cases. Theodore waited for a response, but got none.

"So you're not going to answer?" He asked the now quietened boy. The criminal shook his head. Theodore sighed.

"After knowing you, I really don't want to put you in prison. But sadly, you won't answer, and we really need that to see what to do in the future. So I'll have to lock you up for a while." Theodore said. The boy's hair was covering his eyes, but then he tilted his head up, and Theodore's blood ran cold.

It was that sickly grin, which everyone talked about. The grin he pulls off before murdering, before taming his lust. And one look on his eyes said that Theodore won't make it to the next hour of the day.

"Try your best, sir. I wish you luck." The criminal said, still with that creepy grin. Theodore tried to back away, but he couldn't move. Free didn't have any weapon, what could a 15 year old boy possibly do?

The kid tugged on the chains with the strength of shooing a fly, and they came off.

"These things...Always so weak..." He muttered. Theodore stopped breathing for a second. What is this boy?

The serial killer advanced to Theodore's seat. Theodore tried to grab onto the weapons he arranged earlier, but the killer was one step ahead. In one swift motion, he grabbed the chains which tied him up and wrapped it around the head officer.

"No sir. You stay there and let me do the work." He said casually as he went through the collection of guns. "What? You don't have any knives? The heck, I want them for my kill. Guns are stupid anyway." He looked through all the shelves and drawers, and found a pocketknife, which Theodore had kept there for safety measures. He checked it out, then grinned. "perfect!"

Positioning himself in front of Theodore's restrained body, he raised the knife.

"You were very nice, officer Theodore Glass. But sadly, you're in the way."

Theodore struggled against his bonds, "Y-you..." The boy smirked.

"Remember the name, Glass. Free De La Hoya. You know me. You knew my parents."

He lowered his knife swiftly as the door opened and Rantaro entered, with a certain albino.