Truth

A/N

Let me just say that my finals week was BRUTAL!!! But I'm back, and with a very anticipated chapter it seems haha. Many of you had a couple theories on what would happen this chapter, and I can't wait to reveal it! I just have a feeling that some of y'all are going to be mad at me after this, so .... let's just get into it. I hope you enjoy it! =^_^=

Song Recs:

Wishlist - TXT

Point of View - Zero Venture, Cadence XYZ

With You - Colorfire

Million Words - The Vamps

----------------------------

"You killed him, didn't you?"

Beomgyu's voice left no room for question, staring down Kai with eyes that could set the grass ablaze. Beomgyu stood in front of Taehyun and Soobin, wanting to be sure that the two of them were safe.

Kai was taken aback, flickering his eyes around him to see everyone in the circle looking confused and stunned at the accusation. There were whispers he couldn't quite hear over the thumping of his own heart, sweat gliding down his face as his nerves took over. He looked at the ground, trying to gain his composure back before looking back up at Beomgyu but not quite able to meet the man's gaze.

"W-What do you mean?" It was obvious to anyone that Kai was nervous, his hands starting to shake as he gripped his shirt lightly as a last-ditch effort to try and calm down.

"Those shoes."

Everyone turned to see Taehyun slowly standing, the boy's hands now fists as he moved to stand next to Beomgyu. It was as if the two boys were only trying to create a stronger barrier between Soobin and Kai. Soobin was still holding onto Yeonjun, not wanting to let go after almost losing the boy moments earlier. However, when Soobin looked up, he could see everyone looking at Taehyun, as if they were waiting to see what he'd say next.

"You had a dance competition that day, too. Before we went to the bar." Taehyun scoffed before looking to the ground. "How did I not realize ..."

Everyone now looked at Kai and his shoes, seeing the blue shoes stand out among the monotonous background. Hyunjin had always recognized them as Kai's lucky shoes, the man only wearing them on competition days for good luck. Hyunjin was about to intervene when Kai spoke up again.

"I-I can explain ..."

"Explain?! Explain what? You killed him, Kai." Before he could think, Taehyun stomped over to Kai, gripping the boy's shirt tightly. "Why would you do that?"

At this point, it was as if all hell broke loose. Beomgyu and Felix were currently trying to get Taehyun to release Kai from his grip. Hyunjin was trying to pull Kai away from Taehyun. Han and Jeongin went to check on Soobin to be sure the man was okay. Everything caused a huge commotion, talking quickly turning to yelling as everyone was trying to talk over each other.

"Soobin ..." Han had gone to reach out a hand to touch the boy's shoulder in comfort, but after Soobin flinched, Han settled for smiling and staying close by, not wanting to make the other uncomfortable. Han still didn't understand what Soobin was protecting, the boy's arms only wrapped around air.