٠ ✿ ٠

"I know you're scared, but you can handle this", Harry's best friend whispered to him and put her hand on his shoulder. He turned to her with light tears, felt her coldness, heard her words still in his head.

But he couldn't see her.

"I'm here Harry, you can do this. Have the courage to speak to him. I can't keep going back just to help you. You have to be able to do this on your own," Lexi said, squeezing Harry's shoulder again.

The young curly-haired man felt the pressure of his late girlfriend again. He nodded slightly, answered her in a soft whisper and looked at Louis.

He was an incredibly beautiful man in Harry's eyes. He was always radiant and his smile was so infectious that the corners of Harry's mouth slid up a little.

"Louis isn't alone either. His mum is by his side and... they talk to each other." A surprised sound escaped Harry's lips. "Are... are you sure?"

Harry had discovered long ago that he could talk to people from the other side, from beyond. But he was also afraid that he would be declared crazy as soon as he opened up to another person.

For so long Harry had been watching his crush, sending Lexi to him from time to time to see how he was doing. How good it was to only be able to feel the ghosts from one's own life...

"Yes, she is with him, whispering encouragement. Louis is also afraid and doesn't dare to speak to you. He has only had his mother around for a week. Louis is afraid, worried that he is imagining all this because of his grief. Go to him and help him. Harry he needs you!"

And suddenly Lexi was gone and the coldness Harry had grown to love right along with her.

The curly-haired man took a deep breath, stroked his jumper, pulled down his sleeves and walked past his fellow students. Still a little uncertain, he headed for Louis, who was standing in front of the lecture hall.

"L-Louis?" Harry asked cautiously and breathed a sigh of relief when he looked at him. Now Harry could also see that Louis wasn't just beaming happily. Worry was also reflected in his blue eyes.

"Would you like to come to our house with your mum?" he asked, aware that Louis must think he was crazy. "Lexi's here too, here with me," he let the older man know, smiling when he realised his best friend was back and nipping him in the side.

Louis knew Lexi, had liked her and shed a few tears at her funeral.

"Y-You can see Mummy?" Louis asked, overwhelmed, blinking several times. "She... she's really there? Here? Here with me?"

Harry smiled, nodded quickly and offered Louis his hand.

"She's always here."

————
♥️