chapter 17: I love it

Today was Thursday. Our date. I groggily got out of bed and went to the bathroom. I saw that the mark my dad left was slowly fading but it's still there. Nothing a little concealer can't fix. I headed downstairs for breakfast. I saw my mom and Kendal eating silently but no sign of dad.

"Good morning sweetie." My mom said and I noticed the dark circles around her eyes and that her eyes were kind of red and puffy.

"Mom have you been crying?" I asked. I mean the answer was pretty obvious but I wanted to know the reason why.

"No sweetie I'm fine." She lied.

"Come on mom. Tell me why you're crying."

"Her and dad got into a fight last night. Didn't you hear it?" Kendal said.

"Kendal I told you not to tell her." Mom said.

"Why mom she has a right to know. Considering she was the reason for it." Kendal said but mumbled the last part.

"Kendal enough."mom said.

"You were fighting about me?" I asked.

"It's no big deal honey." Mom said chewing on her food.

"It kind of is.is it about me and Austin?" I asked.

"Yes." She said quietly.

"I'll talk to him mom. I can't stand you guys fighting."

"It's okay honey. I can handle this."

"I'll at least try to talk him mom. We can't ignore each other forever." I said and finished my food then got up. "Where is he?"

"In his office." Mom said and I nodded and headed off to his office. When I reached the big brown mahogany doors I knocked 3 times.

"Come in." He said and I entered.

"Hi dad." I said quietly not wanting to start a fight.

"Oh it's you." He said rolling his eyes. Jerk. You see since he became an alcoholic/workaholic we were never the same again. We always argued about the smallest things but this was the biggest fight we ever had.

"Just listen to my side of the story first dad. Just hear me out."

"5 minutes" he said.

"I was on my way to school with Harry and Marcel-"

"Who are they?"

"A couple of my friends dad. Anyways, both of them, they're twins. Harry was in the team Austin played at and when Marcel introduced me to him he mentioned that I was the girlfriend of austin. Harry told me that he thought Kim was Austin's girlfriend since they're together so much during practice. Together as in making out. I got furious of course and went to class but at lunch time I was looking for Austin and I saw him by the lockers bullying Marcel. I stepped up and said that I don't want to date him anymore because I know all about Kim and him hooking up and that I never want to date a bully so I broke up with him." I said finishing my story.

"So Harry told you about Austin and Kim and Marcel was the guy being bullied? You're friends with them?" Dad asked.

"Yes and yes. Is that all you've heard from my story? Geez." I said rolling my eyes.

"Don't use that tone with me woman!" Dad said slamming his fist on his table. That's when I realized there were 5 cans of beer there. He was drunk. This was a mistake. I should've checked if he was sober first.

"You're drunk dad. This was a mistake." I said and started to get up.

"No sit back down well finish this." He said. Well kind of slurred.