chapter 10: Like a million elephants (edited)

Chapter 10: Like a million elephants

(How Zayn and Veronica met)

Zayn’s POV

 *days ago*

I was putting stuff in my locker while waiting for the boys since we always meet here before classes.

“Hey Zayn!” Louis said being the second person here.

“Hey Lou!” I said.

“Did you hear about the new girl? They say she just moved here since her parent’s job required them to.” Louis said hinting something. The lads were so determined to find me a girl. Why? I don’t even know.

“Well that’s nice.” I replied grabbing the books I need for next period.

“I’m sure you’ll like her. I heard she’s also very pretty.” Louis said with a smirk. Before I could even reply Niall, Liam and Harry joined our conversation.

“Who’s pretty?” Harry asked.

“The new girl Louis was talking about.” I said

“What’s her name?” Niall said.

“I forgot.” I said with a shrug. Louis rolled his eyes and said “Her name is Veronica.”

Just then the bell rang and I was off to math class.

*******

I went in History class and sat beside Rose since she’s in this class.

“Hey Zayn!”  She said.

“Hey Rose! Mind if I seat here?” I said not waiting for her to answer and sat down.

“I heard Marcel asked you to prom, spill the details?” I asked her.

“Oh yes he did! We went to the mall to go prom dress shopping and everything and while I went out from the dressing room he was not there, instead it was Harry and he led me to the center of the mall where Marcel and Harry’s other friends were holding a sign each. One says ‘will’ others had ‘you’, ‘go’ ‘to’, ‘prom’, ‘with’, ‘me’ ‘?’ and he gave me a bouquet of white roses and it was fantastic!” Rose said grinning like a mad man.

“Well that’s nice!” I said and returned my attention to our History teacher.

After a few minutes of discussing, our class was interrupted by the door swinging open and a girl with black hair and brown eyes entered the room looking a bit shy.

“Who’s that?” I asked Rose.

“She’s the new girl. I don’t really know her name but I know she just moved here from Cali.” She answered. The girl was literally stunning.

“Sorry I’m late!” She said. Her voice is absolutely wonderful.

“Ah! You must be the new student here! Please introduce yourself to the class miss.” Our teacher said.

“Hi! I’m Veronica and I just moved here from Cali.” She said smiling. Veronica. That’s a pretty name.

“Well then Ms. Veronica, pls. take a seat next to Mr. Malik.” Our teacher said. YES! she gets to seat beside me the whole period!

“Hi!” I said as she sat down.

“Oh hey!” She said. “I’m Veronica but you probably know that by now. You are?”

“I’m Zayn.” I said. “Want me to show you around later?”

“Really? That would be great!” She said.