Chapter 16: Someone whom I loved so much broke me

This shows some traits of Georgia’s parents. Warning. Her dad isn’t nice. Carry on reading! It's kinda a filler chapter.

*****************************************

Marcel’s POV

It is now late and everybody is outside dancing.

“Dance with me?” I asked her.

“Sure.” She said giggling and I led her to the middle of the backyard where everyone was dancing and having fun. We both danced under the moonlight and gosh she looked amazing today.

“Thank you for everything Georgia. You’re the best and by the way, you look amazing.” I whispered in her ear. I see her blushing at that and that gives me confidence.

“You are very welcome Marcel. Anything for you.” She whispered back and my knees became weak. Oh no. There goes my feelings. Flying everywhere and anywhere again. After a few more exchange of words we all gathered round and had a toast.

“A toast. To Marcel for his recovery from the accident. For the group staying together and gaining more members. For Marcel’s Family for staying by his side no matter what and for Rose. For organizing this event today and for keeping the group together.” Chrissy said. Georgia looked at me and smiled and I gave her a side hug and we both drank our beverage.

“This is something I’ll always remember.” I said.

“Always?” She asks.

“Always.” I replied and we just danced all night.

Rose’s POV

It’s early Monday morning today and I still can’t get over what happened. The party was amazing! I still can’t forget the feeling that has been sitting in my stomach for days. I got up and slid out of bed and went to the bathroom and did my usual morning routine. I went downstairs and had breakfast with everyone as in my whole family.

“Good morning Rose. Have a seat.” My mother said and I sat beside Kendal.

“How was the party Rose?” Kendal asked.

“It was amazing. Everything went the way I thought it would be.” I said smiling.

“So Rose, how’s Austin?” My mom asked.

“We uhm broke up a while back.” I said scratching the back of my head.

“What!? Why?” My dad said. Here we go.

“Because he was cheating on me! With Kim!” I yelled pushing back my plate. That was still a touchy subject for me because I couldn’t believe someone I trust so much would do that.

“He was our key to a great merge deal with his parents’ company!” My dad yelled back.

“How could you be so selfish!?” I said steaming with anger.

“Rose! Don’t talk to your father that way!” mom said. “Kendal finish your food then go up to your room!”

“I was hurt! He hurt me! All you can think about is your business!? Dad please listen to me. I was cheated on. Someone whom I loved so much broke me. He tore me apart dad and all you can think about is how it affected your damn deal? That’s really selfish!” I said. Slap. My dad just slapped me.

“I’m doing this for you! The money we get off of this will be saved for you and your sister! Im the one selfish!?” My dad said.

“Enough! Both of you! Both of you are old enough to know what’s right from wrong!” My mom said. “James, you’re the older one! You should know that our daughter should be our top most priority. Not some kind of business deal! And Rose, Don’t talk to your father like that! He is still your father after all of this nonsense! And James, She is hurt and everything shouldn’t it be our role as her parents to comfort her!?” Wow. I never heard mom talk like that.