Chapter 9

*** Spicy scene ahead***

Liv closed the door of the room she was assigned to and buried her face in her hands. She couldn't believe that the deal was set. She hated being pushed into a corner. She knew that A.I.M. was pushing her. But why now? Why wait all those years and make the move so late? Something was going on that she needed to find out about.

A knock on the door tore her out of her thoughts. She opened it to find James standing in front of her. He entered, and she took a look outside. Two men were positioned at her door. Guards? Belikov's trust went only so far.

"What do you want, James?" Liv asked, closing the door.

"The truth," James replied.

Liv pursed her lips. "About what?" she asked, frowning.

James crossed the small distance between them, causing her to back away, until she felt the door against her back.

"Everything," James said, towering over her.

Liv held his gaze, jaw set. There was too much James didn't know about her. Things she tried to forget, and she wasn't willing to spill the beans.

"I don't like that you have secrets from me," he said, going through his hair with his hand.

"I'm not doing it on purpose," she admitted, averting her gaze.

"Then why am I finding things out on the go?" James pressed.

"Because I'm trying to be mysterious," Liv retorted, lowering her voice to lighten the mood, but failed.

James tilted his head when he realized she wouldn't talk. He raised his hand and pushed his finger under the hem of her neckline. Starting at her collarbone, his finger slowly moved down to the first button. Liv's gaze dropped to watch his finger.

"I can always make you talk," he said. James implied pressure, and the button plopped out of the buttonhole, revealing the round arches of her breasts.

Liv gulped, not really understanding where he was heading with this. She looked up, and her breath caught in her throat. James watched her, eyes darkened with desire and unspoken promises. His finger was pressed against the next button.

"I'm giving you a way out," he said, as the next button came undone. "Just this one."

Liv's mouth stayed shut. She was confused and irritated. She didn't know this side of James. He had changed a lot, and she didn't know what to expect or how much of it was a bluff.

"I'll get my answers out of you. One way or the other", James said, when she didn't reply he added: "Do you understand?"

Another button came undone. Liv nodded, captivated by his eyes. His hands slid down the side of her body and rested on her hip. Her heart rate sped up in excitement. Liv parted her lips when James came closer and bent down. When his lips touched her collarbone, she released a shaky breath.

He removed his left arm from her hip, and she heard the door being locked. Before she could protest, he spun her around to face the door. Her hands were pressing against the door, keeping her body from touching it. His warm breath grazed over her cheek, and she tilted her head, offering him her neck. He chuckled at her readiness to be touched by him.

James's hands moved from her hips to the front of her pants, unbuttoning them and pulling down the zipper. His fingers slid into her panties, over the soft skin of her sex.

"You sure you don't want to spill all your little secrets?" he rasped into her ear.

Liv gulped. Unable to speak, she shook her head. James dipped a finger into her, eliciting a moan from her mouth.

"Careful, doll," James rasped. "They might hear you."

Liv froze. She was ready to protest, to call his bluff, when he added a second finger. She bit her lip, lowering her forehead against the door. His thumb began to circle her clit while his fingers moved in and out of her. Liv huffed, unsure of how long she'd be able to endure this sweet torture.

"Tell me what kind of relationship you have with Gregory Belikov," James rasped into her ear.

Liv barely registered his voice. She was so close.

"No," she huffed, feeling the orgasm building up inside of her.

As she felt her release coming closer, her heartbeat pounded in her ears. Her hips buckled against his hand.

But James withdrew his fingers just before she toppled over the edge.

Liv was panting, biting her lower lip. "You are fucking kidding me...", she breathed out, realizing what he was up to.

Liv turned to face him, letting her pants slide down her legs in the process. When their eyes met again, she saw a smug smirk on his face. But two could play that game.

She placed her hands on his chest and began to let them slide down slowly until she reached his crotch. Her palm slid over the fabric of his dark jeans, feeling him harden under her touch.

James chuckled. "That is not how this will go."