3

It had been nearly a week since that Monday evening. Roseanne hadn't heard from Lisa since that night. Apparently she had been by the hospital the next evening, to notify Ms. Keaton and her family that she had caught her kidnapper and got their families money back. Joy saw Lisa entering the hospital, but Roseanne was just finishing up in the operating room.

Thus, the blonde's mood had turned almost into a depressive state. It was odd. Joy had never seen this type of behavior from Roseanne. It may have been worse than when she and Katrina broke up, or whatever the fuck her name was. Joy tried, throughout the week to get Roseanne to talk to her, but Roseanne didn't know how to talk to her. Roseanne didn't even know the full extent of her feelings, so how was she supposed to confide in Joy?

"Roseanne," Joy watched her friend play with her salad "is everything okay?"

"Yeah." The blonde barely lifted her head, and gave Joy a half assed smile. One she knew Joy would see right through, but she felt she had to try anyway.

Their lunch time had gone very similar each day of the week. With each day, Roseanne did improve. She wanted to text the brunette every day, and ask her 'what the fuck?' or just simply 'hey.' Joy had helped her out and basically threw every surgical case at Roseanne she could get her hands on. Roseanne loved the O.R. more than anything in her life.

Roseanne had just finished a morning shift that Saturday and headed to the supermarket near the hospital. She normally went to the one on the other side of town, since it was cleaner and had more options, but she just wanted to go home and sleep. She figured she would call her mother now, so when she got home she could put her groceries away and head straight to bed. She dialed her mother up and walked into the store.

"Hey mom." Her mother always loved getting calls from Roseanne. DK never really called, but he had a wife and kid so it was a little understandable.

"Hi sweetie. I was hoping to hear from you soon." She could hear their little miniature beagle, Hankie, barking in the background. Their dog didn't like that many people, and was known to sink its teeth in someone if they pissed off the dog enough.

"Yeah, it's been a busy week." Roseanne sighed, and stopped the cart in the meat section. She let her eyes roam over the various cuts of steak on display, trying to decide what she actually wanted.

"Is everything okay, at the hospital?"

"Yeah mom. Everything is going just fine. Just a little tired is all."

"Oh that's great honey." Her parents were always happy whenever she or DK were happy. She was thankful for her parents. They were very supportive of their children, even when Roseanne told them she was bisexual; her parents told her to be happy and be herself. "Have you applied to any hospitals yet?"

"Yeah, just waiting to hear back now. I won't know until January." Roseanne picked up a package of ribeyes and placed them in her cart. She had spent nearly a half hour collecting items for her pantry before she got to the check out line.

"So Thanksgiving is about a month away, you got the morning shift?"

"Yeah, I get off at 2." Roseanne made a deal with one of her fellow residents: she would get morning shift of thanksgiving, and again for Christmas. Stacy, the girl she traded with wanted to spend Christmas morning with her family while Roseanne didn't mind spending it a little later than normal.

"Awesome. We'll be having everyone over for dinner. So you just come when you're off of work. Are you bringing anyone?" Roseanne wanted to slap her forehead. Her mother asked any time she was visiting if she had met anyone, so why would a major holiday be any different?