15

"Roseanne, I don't think that's a good idea." Joy informed her friend. Joy and Toby had taken her out to dinner, seeing as Lisa was absent even after the day's work in the courtroom was over.

Roseanne had received a call from her parents around six thirty, letting her know that the day had concluded. Her parents told her how the day went. Which was pretty rough; especially for Lisa when they cross examined her.

"Ms. Manoban , is it true that you are in a relationship with Mr. Park's sister?"

"Yes." A few people in the audience gasped, and the jurors stared intently at Lisa. DK's team of lawyers looked at her, completely disappointed. This kind of information could obliterate their case.

"Then why, Ms. Manoban, were you on her brother's case?"

"We were not together during that time period. I wasn't the only one on the case, Officer Cavanaugh and Chief Thompson were both on the case. I was called to the case. I have the best success rate in our department, sir."

Although this information was all true, this could easily elevate David's chances of walking out of the courtroom. To say that Lisa was slightly worried, was an understatement. She knew that the evidence all pointed towards David, but there's a small chance that the jury could let him walk; simply because she was on the case, even though the evidence alone should lock him up for a long time.

She knew she wouldn't be able to focus on anything, so she went to try and ease her mind. She ignored her phone buzzing, Roseanne attempting to call her, and shut off from the world for as long as she could. She stared out at the water, letting her mind race through idea after idea of what she could do to ensure that David would be locked away.

Roseanne looked at the waiter who had been flirting with her almost all night, and she reciprocated. She was tipsy, but Lisa still flashed through her mind. "How would someone as nice and good looking as you, make it up to you, if you were mad at them." Her hand gripped his forearm, keeping him in place and flashing him a smile. Her stumbled words didn't make all that much sense, but none the less, he smiled widely at her. His smile was nowhere near Lisa's cute and gorgeous smile.

"Well beautiful," he turned his attention to Roseanne, his hand lingering on top of her own, "all it would take for me is one look from you, and all would be forgiven."

"Well there goes your tip." Joy muttered and earned an elbow from Toby. He agreed, but Joy was a little too loud for his liking.

Roseanne excused herself and went to the bathroom to wash up. She splashed water on her face, and walked out the door, only to be met by Adam, the waiter.

"Hmmm." He moves closer to her and tucked a stray hair behind her ear. "You are even more beautiful up close." Her senses were slow, her reaction was slow. By the time her brain caught up to what was happening, it was all too late. She tried to say something, but her voice got caught; by a pair of lips. That were not Lisa's.

Roseanne pushed his chest, creating enough distance for her to slip back to their table. Unfortunately, he followed right behind her and cockily boasted that he planted his lips on Roseanne's.

"You're friend has the softest lips ever." Joy and Toby turned to her with wide eyes. In return she bowed her head, trying her best to get out of this new mess she and Adam just created.

He pulled out the bill, and wrote something down on one of his spare napkins in hand, before folding both in half and sliding them on the table. As soon as he left with their empty plates, Joy slapped Roseanne on the arm. "Roseanne, what the fuck?"

"What? I have to make it up to Lisa somehow, I pushed him off right away, and I didn't ask him to kiss me. He trapped me at the bathroom like a little bitch." She shrugged, not really giving her night of flirting a second thought.