21

Lisa forced Roseanne to work during the day, after Lisa got settled into her room, a room she absolutely admired. Well, admired as much as you can admire for a hospital room, that is. Her room was at the far end of the tenth floor. It was secluded, being the only room at the end of the hallway, and it was far away from most of the noises that could hinder Lisa from getting a decent night's sleep.

It was actually a room that was normally reserved for celebrities, or those who were able to pay the high price tag that the prestigious room came with. Lisa tried to get Roseanne to have her transferred to a different room, seeing that her current living situation would cost her family, and later on herself, a big damage to the pocket book. Lisa intended on paying Roseanne's parents back every penny they had lent her, along with Roseanne. Her conscious would not be clear if she didn't, but with Roseanne and her parents being the way that they were, she probably wouldn't be able to relieve her conscious.

Roseanne worked mindlessly through the day. Lisa was right though, it wouldn't entirely be wise to take a lot of vacation days this early on. A number of things could pop up, not even pertaining to her girlfriend being in the hospital, and then she wouldn't have any days to take off if those kind of situations did arise.

She wondered what was going on with Lisa. Pam and Wayne had met Lisa and herself in main lobby this morning. She wondered what the oncologist came up with for an exact treatment plan. One thing she did figure though, was that Lisa was probably painting away. Lisa was not leaving the house this morning if she wasn't allowed to bring her painting supplies. It's not like she had the heart to tell her no, even though she thought it was a good idea to keep her mind off things, especially with the mini breakdown Lisa endured last night.

"Lisa, are you okay?" Roseanne was carrying half of a turkey sandwich down to the basement for Lisa to eat while she painted, but she walked in to the talented brunette sitting against the wall, rocking herself as she cried.

Roseanne set down the plate on the little table before she slid down the wall to sit next to her upset girlfriend. She forced her arm around the back of the quivering woman so she could hold her tight, and pull her into her own chest. "What's the matter babe?" She tried again.

"I-I'm b-behind. And your parents are going to be mad because I will owe them so much. And you'll be mad because I owe you so much." She sucked in a breath and wiped the top of her nose. "I didn't get enough done. Your-your parents need a ton of paintings to auction off, and none of these are good enough." At this point Lisa was close to hyperventilating, so Roseanne knew she had to snap Lisa out of it.

"It's not too late to get married." She tried joking to shift the mood.

"No-no. No, I can't. It'll screw everything up." She scratched at her forehead before she spoke again. "You probably have everything planned out anyway."

"I do." Roseanne smiled and looked down at the top of Lisa's head. Even though the brunette couldn't see her, since she was curled into Roseanne's chest, she still had that same freaky ability to read Roseanne. "I told you all about it while you were sleeping one night. Don't you have yours all planned out in that gigantic, genius head of yours?"

"What?" Lisa asked, turning her body so she could face Roseanne.

"Your dream wedding. Do you have it planned out?" She asked again, letting her hand rest down on Lisa's collarbone.

"No." Lisa shrugged, the tears well gone now. "I never thought I'd get married. Well, not until we started dating anyways. I don't know what I'd want even."

"What? Every kid dreams about their wedding! Joy and I have had ours planned out since we were eleven. Of course there's been some modifications along the way, but our plans are pretty much set in stone."