6

Roseanne told herself that today was the day that she would tell Lisa she was going to end up at a hospital in Wisconsin at the beginning of summer. She had been putting it off for the past week, but she's been feeling more guilt pile up with each passing day. Lisa herself, was contributing to Roseanne's guilt. She had taken her out to cute and romantic dates, or requested that they at least got to see each other, every day. Well, every day except for Tuesday. Lisa didn't want to ruin Roseanne and Joy's special Tuesday gossip together.

Lisa made her feel special. A kind of special no one has ever managed to make her feel, besides her own parents. How was she supposed to leave the brunette? How was she supposed to break the girl's heart, let alone break her own?

Roseanne had just finished a surgery. Her attending let her take the lead, being able to start the procedure and finish it herself. It was a simple surgery, one Roseanne had seen performed countless times, and she had scrubbed in on before. A simple Splenectomy. Joy was waiting for her at the nurses station so they could eat lunch together like they always had.

"Look who's here." Joy pointed to the middle of the lunch area when the pair first entered. Lisa sat at a table by herself in her uniform, close to the television. She was watching it and sipping on a water, while she picked at a muffin. There was a white bag standing in the middle of the table. "Go." Joy whispered and pushed the back of the blonde towards the girl.

"Hey, I didn't know you were coming."

"Oh," Lisa turned to face Roseanne, smiling at her and motioning to sit down "I wanted to surprise you." She pushed the white bag towards Roseanne along with the coffee she had for the blonde. "You look so beautiful."

"I just got out of surgery; I look gross. Thank you for the food though." Roseanne smiled, and took a sip of the warm gift from Lisa. She peered inside the bag, pulling out a blueberry muffin for herself, and a sandwich from her favorite place, Tony's. She ate her muffin first, as they talked about her surgery, and Lisa's day so far. "Do you want some?" Roseanne motioned to the sandwich she started to unwrap.

Lisa declined, making Roseanne shrug until she came to a complete stop when she read what was written on the wrapping. 'Will you be my girlfriend?' She looked up at the brunette, who was wearing a sheepish grin, smiling herself. It was cute, so cute.

"I want to say yes, but I have to tell you something super important." The blonde gulped, she figured this would be the last time that she would ever lay eyes on Lisa. She was sure that Lisa would get mad for not telling her right away; she was sure the brunette would leave and ask Roseanne to stay out of her life forever.

Luckily for her, Lisa was good about it. 'We'll figure it out.' She had told Roseanne. It's exactly what she was hoping to hear, well sort of. She wanted to hear Lisa say that she would follow her, that she would go wherever the blonde went, but figuring it out had to be worth something. If not, then Lisa's confession of 'I'd rather try and get hurt, than wonder what if and be hurt' definitely eased Roseanne.

Lisa was at home, painting away and waiting for Roseanne to show up. She invited her newly titled girlfriend over to have a paint date. Lisa needed to get some work done and sent out. She really wanted to hang out with Roseanne and she figured this could be fun for the pair, even if hers had to be serious, at least Roseanne would have fun.

Lisa herself had some internal conflict. She was somewhat... disappointed with the blonde for not being straight up but neither was she. Well, hers was about the past while Roseanne's had to do with the very near future; two completely different ends of the spectrum Lisa argued with herself. She paused, thinking if she would ever tell the blonde about her secret. Nobody, besides her parents and the Chief of Police knew, well that she knew of. She was pretty sure her secret was locked down, and that's really how she wanted to keep it. She zoned out even further, listening to the beat of the soft music playing, thinking back on those darker times for herself.