Sick

29/05/2022 update: Fixed Grammar.

Chapa blew her nose in a tissue for the 50th time, she let her head fall back on her pillow and erupted in a coughing fit. She's been sick for the past 6 days and it hasn't gone away yet.

The first day she was sick, she woke up with a headache and felt terrible since it was Chapa, she didn't want to be seen as weak. "It's just a small cold." She told herself but she couldn't be more wrong, when she got to S.W.A.G. She felt very sleepy, she was pretty sure there were dark circles under her eyes. Before she knew it, she rested her head on her table and drifted off to sleep.

That was until Mika gently started shaking her awake, Ray came in and since he said it was an 'important' lesson, everyone needed to pay attention, so he didn't really like it when he saw Chapa asleep but didn't dare to wake her up. No one did, it's Chapa, she could get super mad and zap you to the other side of the room. "So, who's gonna do it?" Miles asked, Mika, sighed and made her way to her, gently shaking her, Chapa groaned, "Chapa, wakey, wakey." She said in a very soft voice.

Chapa carefully lifted her head, to meet Mika's warm smile, "What?" She asked in a rough voice. "Are you alright?" She gently asked, "Just tired, that's all." She answered, Mika wanted to know why but didn't want to push too far, there was still a very high chance she could get zapped. Mika saw Chapa was pretty pale, Mika put her hand on the girl's forehead, "What are you doing?" Chapa asked in a rough and sleepy voice.

"Your forehead feels hot, are you sure you're fine? I think you have a fever." She replied, "No, no, no, I'm fine." She replied, pushing the hand away. "Just checking on you." She replied putting her hands up in defense. During the lesson Chapa had a harsh time concentrating, her stomach started acting up, getting the feeling she needed to puke.

Without saying a thing, she pushed her button, went up to the Man's Nest, and ran to the closed bathroom, the smell made her vomit. Once she was done emptying her stomach she leaned against the wall, she was about to close her eyes when she heard footsteps. "Chapa?" She heard a soft voice ask, she looked up to see Bose.

He crouched next to her, "Maybe Mika was right, I think you're getting sick, how about you take a day or two off to heal?" He asked, "I...I think that's a good idea." She said, she tried to get up but she felt very weak.

She also started to feel something underneath her legs and behind her back, she looked up to see that Bose has picked her up in bridal style, she wanted to protest but knew it was no use. She just rested her head on his chest closing her eyes.

She ended up waking up in her bed, with a note next to her, 'Hey Chapa, you slept in so Miles and I dropped you off, I hope you'll be better soon, we all do and don't worry, we'll handle Ray and try to reason with him that you need rest-from Bose' She smiled at that message, happy that even though she sometimes scares them they still look out for her, especially Bose, she didn't like to admit it but they were the best friends she dreamed she would have one day.

The past few days her friends visit her and helped to take care of her, she was always happy when someone came, if it was Bose or Mika, she didn't care, she was just happy to have someone next to her. She was blowing her nose again when she heard a knock, "Come in." She said, "Hey Chapa, how ya feeling?" Bose asked soft, poking his head through the door, "I'm good." She said and he walked in, sitting next to her on her bed, "I brought you a box of tissues." He said, "Thanks." She said and already grabbed one, "I really need those right now."

"I know." He said and placed the box on her nightstand, "How's your stomach?" "Better...I haven't been throwing up a lot lately. So how are things in the Man's Nest."

"Chaotic, Ray has been going on and on about how he wants his best sidekick back-" She interrupted him "I'm his best sidekick?" she asked surprised "Yeah, your the only one who can actually proper fight, so." He said, Chapa, nodded, "Guess it's true." She smirked, "Yeah, yeah. Anyway." He continued "Schwoz has been doing science stuff, Mika is as always leading the team since Ray is doing a terrible job and you're not there so she's taking on the job which led to those two fightings a lot, and Miles...Is just there." He continued.

Chapa giggled, "You got what I asked?" She asked, "Yep. Got the snacks." He said, grabbing a few chips, Chapa opened her laptop and went to Netflix to watch Squid Games (Don't judge me, I love that show)

They were at the end of episode 3 when they started to feel tired, "I gotta go home." He said, "But Bose, it's very dark outside and it's 11 PM, how about you stay here? I have a matra you can use...Plus I don't want to be alone tonight." She begged, "Fine, let me first text my mom." He said and grabbed his phone. Chapa stood up and went to her drawer, looking for some clothes that didn't fit her yet because they were too big bit bought them because she thought it was pretty and hoped she could fit in them one day.

Bose came back with the matras and a few blankets, "Here!" Chapa said and tossed him a comfy black sweater and a pajama pants. "Thanks." He said and made his way to the bathroom, Chapa went to the other bathroom to change. On his way Bose met Chapa's mom, she saw the clothes in his hands, "You're staying for the night?" She asked, "Yeah, Chapa didn't want to be alone." He replied, "It's nice to see Chapa has such good friends." She said, smiled, and left.

Later Chapa got back in bed, Bose came in with a glass of water and painkillers, "Here, you're mom said you need to take these." He said, giving them to her, "Thank you."

Bose was about to sit down when Chapa said "Actually..C-Can you sit next to me?" She asked, "F-for real?" She nodded, "Why? Is something wrong?" He asked, walking toward her "N-No, I...I just feel so lonely lately and...Yeah.." She didn't want to continue but Bose knew what she was trying to say, "Move." He said and lay down next to her, "Thanks.." She said.

She moved closer to him and started playing with his hair, "Thank you, Bose..." She whispered and rested her head on his chest, "You're welcome...I love you.." He whispered, "I love you too.." Chapa whispered and they both drifted off to sleep.