Chapter 5: Gaining a New Power

For the first time after Cale's soul merging. He dreams of his life as Kim Rok Soo. No, to be more precise, his records ability activated and show him his memories like a movie. The last thing he saw before woke up is his face as Kim Rok Soo in the mirror.

He gets up and walks to the bathroom with a strange feeling. Cale stops walking as soon as he passes the mirror. His expression changes from stoic to confused after looking at his reflection. It is not Cale Henituse's face like it is supposed to be.

"Kim Rok Soo." Mumble Cale while touching his face.

He feels nostalgic while touching his black hair that sparkles under the light.

After staring long enough and come back to his sense. He started to panic looking at his appearance.

"Shit. How do I explain this situation if somebody saw me. Nobody will believe me if I say I am Cale Henituse."

As soon as he thinks about his original face, his appearance shifts back to normal.

"...!"

Strangely, Cale feels like all his energy has been sucked up and drain. It is like he stays awake for a night with a slight fever.

'This is strange. Is it an after-effect caused by my appearance changing? Can I change again tho? How does it work anyway?'

A lot of questions fill Cale's mind. Then something just pop up in his mind. It is a similar situation, like how Kim Rok Soo naturally can use his ability as soon as awakened. Cale also knows how to use his new ability. It is pretty easy to use actually. He can change his appearance if he activated his record ability while longing for Kim Rok Soo appearance. Dreaming his life as Kim Rok Soo somehow awakened his ability. A new ability that appears because of the merging soul's effects.

But every ability always have a price to pay. Like how his body will be full of injuries when he uses instant ability. This ability also has something to pay. The longer he change his appearance the more drowsy he will be. Also, his body temperature will increase every time he uses the ability. With how weak Cale's body is, naturally, the ability will put a burden on his body.

'...Vitality of heart. I need that ancient power. It will help me maintained Kim Rok Soo appearance and reduce the effect on my body.'

Besides his plan to gain vitality of heart ancient power later. Today he plans to take another ancient power that resides in this territory. It is easier for Cale to sneak out now especially when he can change his appearance.

'Perfect. I can change my appearance and buy all the bread in town today.'

Even though Cale can still feel the side effect from earlier. But still, it is a good opportunity to use his ability now. In case someone will recognize his face later. A rumor definitely will be going around if someone saw the first son of Henituse going around sweeping all the bread in the town. Imaging that situation makes Cale's head hurt. Cale is someone who hates annoying situations.

'Feeling a little tired is not something new to me. I will be fine.'

Cale sneak out wore a simple attire and a cloak. He successfully bought all the bread stock in the town and shove it into his spatial bag.

'See, money is the best. Why would I do all the labor work to carry all the heavy bread bags my 12 years old body can't bear. This way is more practice.'

The Indestructible Shield.

An ancient power located on the slum in the west. The slums were on one side of a small hill.

As soon as he arrived at the slum, an unknown stench filled his nose. The tipped of his shoes started to become dirty from the dirty water. Frowning. Cale started to walk faster. The other reason why he needs to hurry up is that he is afraid someone will try to attack him. Cale is extremely weak now because he still activated his changing ability. His body already reaches the limit.

"Shit. So drowsy and hot. Feels like my skin is burning."

Finally, he arrived at the top of the hill. Well, it is still lowered than his estate but still, he can see all the western town from the hill. A large black tree resides on that hill. There was nothing in the area except dirt. Even grass or weed cant grow in this area. The rumor is, if someone hangs themselves on this tree, they will become mummies overnight. Even blood that lands on this tree instantly disappear.

Cale quickly opens the bag. Taking a loaf of bread out of the bag and put it in the hole. His hand quickly disappears in the darkness along with bread. Cale feels a cold sensation when the bread disappears.

"More! Give me more!"

According to the novel, the tree owner is an excommunicated priest that starved to death. The hole darkness is the result formed by the grudge. It will become lighter when the grudge is fulfilled. Cale smirk and pour all the bag content in the hole.

"Eat all you want."

Soon enough the darkness disappears and the colors become lighter.

"Delicious! This is my present for you. My power will protect your heart until your soul perish."

A bright silver light surrounds Cale. The warm light was slowly absorbed by his body. After his body absorbed all the light, a small shield with a wings tattoo showed in his skin where his heart had been. Satisfied with this situation. Cale touched his heart where the shield tattoo can be found. He can feel it. The power is protecting his heart.