Chapter 9: A New Allied

Its been nearly two years now since Cale disappear from Henituse estate. Cale is almost 14 years old now. The disappearance of the firstborn of Henituse become a hot topic. Deruth deploys most of Henituse's knights to find his child. But then, every deployment always ends with a failure. No one knows where Cale Henituse's existence is right now. Many rumors are going around. Some said maybe Cale Henituse already die. But Count Deruth refuses to believe that rumor. He punish all the people who spread that rumor.

Count Deruth want to blame all the worker in his household that failed to notice Cale disappearance. But he knows, the most person right now that need to be blamed is himself. His heart broke when he saw the note his son left for Basen. In the note, his son has no regret leaving this house.

Deruth remembers clearly that day.

"Father! Mother!"

Basen bark into Deruth's office room frantically.

"What happened?" It's unusual for Violan to see Basen this panic.

"H-Hyung!"

"What? What happened to Cale?" Deruth pays full attention now as soon as Cale's name is mention.

"Hyung left home! He left me this note!"

"What?!"

"Let us see the note."

Basen.
Remember what I said. You are Henituse.
Ignore all the useless gossip. I know you are capable and suitable to manage this territory.
I leave it all to you. Take care of your family and our little sister.

Don't worry this is not because of you.

Farewell.

-Cale Henituse-

Basen remembers clearly the day when Cale says to him that he is Henituse. And now Basen finally understands what Cale means by the vassals will accept him. Now that Cale is gone, the vassals will have no choice but to accept him as a successor. But like Cale can tell that Basen will blame himself, Cale told him not to worry. It's like Cale consoled him.

Deruth trembled after he read the message. The way Cale emphasis the word your family, Deruth knows that Cale never thinks that he is included in the family. Deruth plops down to the chair don't know what to do.

"First, let's deploy our knight to search him. He will not go that far yet. It's only been half a day since Cale left this note." Violan quickly order.

Deruth sigh. All their attempt to find their son always come back with empty hands. Deruth promises to himself he will be a good and proper father this time. But will fate allow Deruth to make a redemption?

In the past two years, Cale involved in many underworld incidents. He become one of the most feared people in the underworld. No one knows his identity, so people began to call him 'Moon Light'. They called him that because they always see Cale's at night and it is very difficult to catch his glimpse. Some of them manage to saw a silver light, but as soon as the light dies down, Cale already disappears from the scene leaving all the mess behind.

Cale has many connections, from Billos to his uncle, Odeus Flynn, the man who had taken control of the northwest region's underworld. All the remaining Molan assassins that manage to run away also become his subordinate. Now, he has control over 85% of the underworld. Many new assassins also become his subordinate. Not to mention that Bud Illis, the Mercenary King, and Sword Master from the Eastern continent also become his slav-secretary after losing in a drinking competition to Cale.

"Ron."

"Yes, Young master Kim?"

Right now, Cale has activated his changing ability. That's why Ron called him Kim and not Cale. They are currently at Henituse territory, more specifically, there are at the bookstore that Ron owned. Now that Cale already possesses Vitality of heart ancient power, he can maintain Kim Rok Soo's appearance for 1 day if he didn't use his other ability at all.

Cale will sneak into the estate and drop a present for Basen and Lily. Currently Lily is nearly three years old now. Even though he doesn't really care about his family, but still Cale feels guilty leaving a burden to Basen. And for Lily, Cale just genuinely wants her to have a happy family.

"Wait here. I will be fast."

"I understand."

Cale quickly drops the neat box wrap in a simple ribbon with a simple note on each box in Basen's room and Lily's room. Cale prepared a fountain pen for Basen and a toy sword for Lily. Cale got information that Lily loves seeing a sword more than a doll. It is fascinating for Cale that a girl around Lily's age will love a sword more than a doll.

It is raining hard when Cale walks back to the bookstore.

'Sigh... What a rotten luck I have.'

In a corner Cale saw two shivering kittens, they are currently being harassed by a bunch of thugs that have nothing to do.

"Tck. How annoying."
Cale quickly knocks one of the thugs down.

"What the... Who are you?! How dare you attacked us do you want to die?"

Cale just looked at them without emotion. A thug like this he can handle in the blink of an eye. But then he is beyond pissed looking at the kitten condition. It reminds him of when he is weak. That's why Cale doesn't want to end the fight quickly, he wants to pay back a little bit what they do to the kittens.

"You don't need your hands and legs if you use it for harassing a weaker existence."

"Who do you think you are. You look just as weak as this damn animal."

"You are right. I am indeed weak. But my strength is enough to make all of you cripple."

Cale thinks that he is not a good person. But still, he will not step that low like these thugs. He hated it the most if someone are in the same situation like he did. Especially children.

The kittens looked at Cale. The two kittens are beast people, they are capable enough to kill the thugs. But currently, they don't have any left power to defends themselves after they run away in a poor condition from their clan. So the silver kittens that are bigger than the red one try their best to shield his brother. Until Cale come and knock one of the thugs. The silver kitten saw how the man in front of him attacked all the thugs. He slashes all their tendon and ligaments. All of the attacked is so accurate that will make them can't use their arms and legs for the rest of their life.

"W-we are sorry, please don't kill us."

"Do something like this again and I will make sure you will lose that neck. Got it?"

"Y-y-yes!"

Cale breath becomes hard. Since his stamina can't improve that much even after all Ron's hell training he went through. Plus currently, he still activated his changing ability, his energy is reduced faster.

"Tck."

Cale picks up the two kittens and will ask Ron to tend the wound. After that, he will just let the kitten go. He is not someone that fond of cats anyway.

"You are late young master Kim. I thought somet-"

Cale cut Ron by giving him the two kittens.

"Here. I am fine. Just found some thugs harassing the kitten. Tend the wound."

The two kittens stare at Cale's real appearance. Cale de-active his ability as soon as he walks in.

"What happened to the thugs then."

"What do you think will happened?" smirk Cale.

"Well, If it is you, I believed it is already been handled." Beacrox look at Cale amused.

Cale shrugs and takes out the clean clothes from his spatial bag. The damp clothes started to annoyed Cale. The kittens widen their eyes as soon as they saw the scar on Cale's backside.

"Meow-"

"Now, now let's tend your wound shall we."