Chapter 14: Lucky?

Cale decides to walk around in the forest with the dragon. It was a great opportunity for the dragon to learn new things. Cale tells him all his knowledge that he knows about dragons. How they are at the top of the chain and why the monster is behave strangely after seeing a dragon. How the dragon doesn't need to dominate things because its existence itself is a symbol of dominance. Also, he tells him the basics of the human system. What continent they are in, the nobles, and the bastard background that tries to tame him.

"I will have my revenge! I will kill all of them."

Cale understands the baby dragon's feelings. He, himself also thinks that what they are doing is unforgivable. Therefore, Cale swore that he will help the dragon to have his revenge.

"The best revenge is not about killing."

"Then what is it human?"

"Make them suffer double from what you receive. Make them remember it for the rest of their life. That way is more satisfying than killing them."

"...I see."

Cale patting the dragon head.

The dragon subconsciously flinches when he sees Cale hand near his head, it can't be helped since just a day ago he is beaten up badly. But then he feels something strange. It is warm and he can't describe what feeling is this. This is the first time he enjoys being touched by a human. He likes this human.

"Don't worry, I will help you with that revenge."

"Ah! By the way human, there is a strange smell around this area. It is also felt familiar. Don't you feel it human?"

"Hm.. no? Maybe it is poisonous plant smell or.. maybe because we are around that swamp?"

In fact, Cale can't smell anything because they're using a mask and body protection. The plant and the smell in the Forest of Darkness are dangerous. Cale doesn't know whether that also will affect a dragon or not. But for precautions, Cale also gives the mask to the dragon.

There are only two swamps in Forest of Darkness. One is in front of them right now.

The black dragon takes off his mask and looks oddly at left and right. Cale started to get the chills. He saw the black dragon point his short front paw to the swamp.

"It was a familiar scent of mana."

Cale started to frown and the dragon confidently add.

"There is a scent of dragon mana in there."

Cale urgently looked toward the black swamp. This extremely vast swamp was massive, but Cale was thinking about the size of an adult or ancient dragon.

"Of course, there is no sign of life in the mana. It is just a very weak trace."

These words were the final blow. The unbelievable thought in Cale's head quickly became the reality. Cale finally understands how the mermaid is getting stronger. Running around in the underworld naturally makes you know a lot of information. The war between the Whale clan and the Mermaid clan is getting fierce.

Even Pasenton, one of the Whale King children are nearly died because of the mermaid. Cale accidentally found Pasenton when gains the Sound of Wind ancient power. Pasenton at that time is in the dead door, he was hit by the mermaid poison. But someone like Cale naturally knows how to handle that poison. Even though the timeline is different from the book, but most of the events still process like the original story.

'Should I blow away the swamp? This will help the whale and they will become more in debt with me.'

"How can you feel the scent of dead mana?"
Cale immediately asks the dragon.