Chapter One

"Okay McGee, that's not a problem, but three days and no more, I know we're not that busy at the moment so the timing isn't so bad ... Have a safe trip" Gibbs slammed the phone down in a rather foul mood.

"What's up boss?" Quizzed Tony DiNozzo

"McGee, his dad is ill or something so he's going home to help his mom. I told him three days and that was it"

"That isn't too bad boss, Abby is just as good as McGee at the geek stuff, just ask her if we need something doing" DiNozzo reassured

"She does have a lab to run you know!" Gibbs stated as his voice raised a little. He jumped out of his chair and walked off towards the lift.

10 minutes later he returned with his usual cup of coffee. This might make him less cranky DiNozzo thought to himself. He made a start on his paperwork after all there was nothing else to do. He looked up to the clock on the wall and time had passed surprisingly quickly to say he hated paper work. He was grabbing his coat to go for lunch when Gibbs' phone rang ... Lets role DiNozzo.

They reached the crime scene to find a man had been murdered in his own home. Severely beaten, the crime scene was difficult to take in, the victim was impossible to recognise due to the damage to his face and blood was spattered all over the walls and blood puddles could be seen throughout the down stairs of the house. As Ducky came in to inspect the body and DiNozzo was bagging and tagging evidence a car rushed up the houses driveway. A women climbed out she was average height but she had heels on making her taller, she had a tight pair of jeans on that showed off her perfectly round bum, she also had a tight black shirt on that highlighted her chest she stormed up the drive and pushed open the front door.

"This is a crime scene, I must ask you to leave. Do you live here?" Gibbs stated firmly.

The young women reached in to her back pocket and flashed Gibbs her police badge "I'm here to see the body" she stepped past Gibbs and looked in over the crime scene she saw DiNozzo bagging up a laptop "that evidence is mine!" She called.

DiNozzo jumped up and rushed to the women in anger "This is our crime sce..." He stopped as he was stunned by her beauty.

She ignored him and carried on "This evidence is vital to my investigation, but I was unable to get it while he was alive"

After DiNozzo had regained some composure he looked at the beautiful women "I'm sorry this is part of our crime scene and we need this evidence" he looked over at Gibbs for support.

"Look, I've been studying this guy for months, he's a fraud who has been using multiple identities and using the cover up of charities to justify the amounts been moved throughout the range of bank account he owns, I've wanted to put this bastard in jail for months. I know it's too late but I still want to look at the laptop and find out else is helping him he couldn't do it alone" the women looked up at DiNozzo hoping he would understand, Tony just looked over to Gibbs. Gibbs took a step forward "We are a man down, and we do need someone to help up with technology and exploring this computer while McGee is gone your knowledge on the victim and the computer would help with both of our investigations, his death must have something to do with the money, but you will have to work from our offices with our team"

"And where is that?" She asked nervously

"NCIS the yard is about a 20 minute drive from here" Gibbs replied

"Oh I've seen that no problem, it's only 15 minutes away from where I work" the women replied with a sudden look of relief on her face.

"Everything sorted here?" Gibbs asked glancing at Ducky, Palmer and DiNozzo. "Let's get back to base"

The team had driven back to the NCIS headquarters they had climbed into the lift and was on their way into the bullpen, the lift opened and they spread out and returned to their desk the young women followed them.

DiNozzo looked over to her "You can use this desk while our agent is not here and just shout me if you need anything miss ..." He looked puzzled "How rude ... We haven't even asked your name"

"Oh yeah" she blushed she stuck her hand out "Hi, I'm Agent Jade Jacques ... I assume your Agent DiNozzo"

"Well special agent DiNozzo, but just called my Tony" he grinned

"Okay thank you, I'll get to work now" she gave him a gentle smile and sat down at McGee's desk and began to work.