44•

"Denaro?"

"Sure, Mujin's-" The lady stops talking, as if she didn't want to say more. "I'm sorry, I got a little nostalgic. Who are you? Why are you asking these questions?"

My heart was beating nonstop; I wasn't sure if I should reveal who I am to her. She said she was like a mom to dad, so I guess it's alright, is it?

Hyunjin pushed my shoulder with his, trying to tell me the exact same thing. We didn't come here for nothing, so I had to at least try.

"Mujin is... I'm his daughter"

The lady's expression changed once again, incredulous. She looked at me all over, probably trying to find any detail that resembled dad or mom. She slowly raised her hands to grab my cheeks. I didn't feel weird at all; I wanted her to recognize me.

She moved my face gently, capturing every single detail. Shortly, her eyes started watering, she cried some words in her language and caressed my hair as she moved her eyes all over me. Even though I couldn't understand what she was saying, I felt as emotional as her.

"Helaria" She cried, "It is really you"

"My parents always called me Hea; I even use that name legally." I giggled. She couldn't take her hands off of me.

"I think your parents gave you that name for safety, including your last name."

"Ryu?"

"Ryu is your mother's last name. Mujin's last name is Denaro, and so is yours."

Before I could say anything else, she said something I wasn't expecting to be asked for some reason.

"How are they? Are they doing good? Is Mujin taking good care of his health? Don't let him drink too much! Or did they come with you?" She even looked ahead of me as if looking for them.

Words suddenly turned into daggers in my throat, every time I was reminded of it, flashbacks of their dying selves ran through my mind.

"My parents-" I couldn't even speak. It was so hard for me to talk about it, to accept it. Hyunjin took over and spoke for me.

"I'm sorry, but... Hea's parents were murdered, seven years ago." Hyunjin talked on my behalf. She didn't seem to understand, or process it maybe. She frowned, looking back at me like wanting me to say otherwise.

"Murdered?" She mumbled, very affected but weirdly not surprised.

I swallowed hard, "Yes."

"Who? What happened?"

Since she seemed to know dad's background, I decided to go fully honest with her.

"Members of another Family killed both of them. The Jangs."

She frowned once again. "Jangs... you said?". Both Hyunjin and I nodded.

"Why?... I need to know" She insisted. I took the little courage I had to speak about my parents, and proceeded.

"The Jangs are after his family" I pointed at Hyun, "My mother helped his family to win a case against them, and they took reveng-"

It clicked me, immediately. How the fuck did I never think of this?

"Hea?" Hyunjin glanced at me.

"Oh my god."

"What?" Both of them were intrigued.

"I remember."

"Hea, explain better" He insisted.

"The shooter is Christopher"