45•

"What did you just say?" I asked, stunned, "Jang Jihoon?" 

"Yes, Jihoon. Mujin's brother from another mother." 

"Is that Minho's father?" I asked Hyunjin, "I don't know, but I guess" He replied. 

"As you know, Mujin was adopted. The family I worked for since a very young age took care of him. Vera and Franco, your grandparents, were amazing parents to him and his brothers."

"He had brothers?" 

"Vera gave birth twice, yes. I found Mujin some years after I moved into the Denaros' house, and Vera and me loved that child. They were three, and they loved each other. The boys loved Mujin like a blood-brother." 

She continued, "The Denaros were a wealthy family. I never dared to asked, but information got to me by its own. As time went by during my years there, I realized and was told of things I had to keep quiet about, and work along with it, agree or not. 

The Denaros were mafia. One of the most powerful mafia families in Italy; Franco's parents were brilliant business people, and had trained your grandfather to carry their duties."

"How old was he? What happened to his parents?" I asked. 

"As you know, everything inside that horrible mafia criminal world, goes wrong, sooner or later. Few people get to set free from it and live a normal life, since there's always a connection. I can't say Franco's parents were bad people, but they sure got their hands the dirtiest. 

That, of course, led to disaster. Both Franco's parents were killed, by another family; that's when Franco had to carry on, at a very young age, his parents' dirty business." 

"Sounds like us..." Hyunjin sighed. 

"Franco and Vera tried their best to give their children a normal life. They didn't want them to suffer as Franco did, and so kept the business very quiet. However, shortly, danger started to watch around them, so they were forced to train their three kids.

Even though Franco and Vera never really changed who they were, Franco became a little stricter with his children, trained them harder. He wanted to protect them, nothing else.

Franco's hands, eventually, got stained. Given the fact that his wife and children were in constant danger because of his father's past failed deals, he had to do what was necessary to keep them safe.

Franco was brilliant, and it helped him to connect with other powerful families, to ally with them. That's when we met the Jangs, a Korean family; mafia, of course. 

They visited the mansion almost every week, and their son would come along every single trip, so he would hang out with Mujin. His name was Jihoon, Jang Jihoon. He was 13, just like Mujin. They became the best friends you could ever think of. Mujin wouldn't go anywhere without Jihoon, and it worked the same the other way around." 

"Yet he was the one who put an end to dad's life..." I mumbled, Hyunjin held my hand. "It's okay" He whispered. 

"Since Mujin was the youngest brother, he spent his teenage days more freely than his siblings. He would go partying with Jihoon, at 15 or 16, and do things every other normal teen would do, while his older brothers took care of their duties." 

"What happened to Vera and Franco?" I asked. 

"Until then, nothing. Franco just wanted his children to know how to do his job for the day he wouldn't be there anymore." 

"Sorry for interrupting so much" 

"It's fine, tesoro. I know you have a lot of questions." . "Anyway, Mujin and Jihoon were inseparable, and their friendship was beautiful.