Chapter 4- Isolated

Later that evening

Sophia

Tom and I woke up in an unfamiliar place decorated in silver and hunter green. I looked to my left and saw Tom and I's luggage then looked to my right and saw Tom. I saw my owl Nyra and Tom's owl Hermes sitting in their cages. I heard a door open and immediately sat up straighter prepared to defend me and Tom if needed. I saw Professor Dumbledore walk in and slightly relaxed, still keeping my guard up. I heard shuffling on my left and looked over to see Tom waking up.

"Where are we? This isn't the regular dormitory room?," I asked Dumbledore.

He sat down his mug and slowly approached us, looking kind of scared.

"You're correct Ms. Johnson. This is not part of the school directly but it is on school grounds. Until we can figure out what's going on with your powers, you have been deemed too dangerous and we have isolated you here. No one but teachers and myself can access this building and all of your classes will be held here. Hopefully we can figure out what's wrong and fast."

I sat there speechless and Tom just looked confused.

"So we can never leave? What about Draco and Nick? What about Beatrix?" Tom said/demanded.

I felt the panic coming from him and I felt my body heating up and my eyes changing colors. Next thing I know there is thunder and a rainstorm happening in the room. I jumped in surprise and Dumbledore quickly dissipated it.

"This is what I mean. No you can't leave. Meals, clothes and everything else will be brought to you. I know about your concern with your sister and we will bring her here and house her with Snape until she can attend the school. For your friends, they are not allowed to come until we know they won't be at risk being near you. I will be back in the morning along with your breakfast. Good night."

Dumbledore walked out leaving us in silence. I can't believe it. We're getting isolated, freaking quarantined. I don't do well with closed spaces and although this isn't a small house, I feel trapped not being able to leave and even before my powers went haywire, I always had issues being enclosed. It made me feel like an animal. Like one of those that you keep in a cage at one of those muggle zoos or whatever you call them.

I could feel my heart rate go up a little and my breathing getting a little heavy. I grabbed onto something for support in case I fell. But honestly I didn't need it because next thing I knew I was good. Probably just something small.

"One question?" Tom asked me.

"What is it?"

"How the fuck does he expect us to sleep when we just woke up?"

To be honest he had a great point. "You're right... wanna see how far we can go?"

"No no trouble, we're already in enough trouble that we are isolated."

"So when I wanna cause trouble you don't and when you do I don't want to?"

"Pretty sure that's how this relationship works sis."

"Cmon"

"For what?"

"We might cause trouble, we might not"

"Ugh Sophiaaaaaaaaaaaa"

"Tom shut the hell up and come on."

I practically dragged him outside. "Ok what did you drag me out here for?"

"I wanna test Dumbledore."

"Test him how?"

"Let's see if he put a spell and if he did how far."

"Ok for this one I'm down, lets race."

"Ready... Set...go!"

After Tom said that we both immediately took off. It was amazing. Tom and I used to always do this. One of us always wanted to cause trouble while the other one didn't, then one of us would eventually give in then it would be the time of our lives. Of course sometimes we'd get caught but considering our parents, we didn't care nor did they.

When we were running it's like we had nothing to worry about, like we were carefree. I've always been more athletic than Tom, so naturally I beat him right into a force field spell. As soon as Tom saw me fall to the ground he stopped and helped me up and Dumbledore was right on the other side.

"I had a feeling you two would do this so I put up a spell."

"Fucking old man." Tom muttered

"I heard that." Dumbledore said walking away

"Race you back?" I asked Tom. He violently shook his head no "Hell no, I have no interest getting dusted by my older sister thank you very much."

We both laughed and headed back to the tiny cottage. I'm pretty sure that took a lot out of us because by the time we made it back both Tom and I were fast asleep. 

Comment, vote and have fun

-Trinity and Serenity