CH:02

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 🍍 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 🍍 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

Hero's Soup Café
9:45am

The setting was serene, and with his little family sitting and conversing so childishly around one of the tables in that café, Felix felt satisfied. He couldn't help but widen the small smile that had crept up his face at the sight, whilst his cheeks themselves adopted a light shade of pink at the observation of the way that his boyfriend interacted with Kai as if he was his own.

With a quiet giggle huffing out his breath, Felix refocussed on the unfinished drinks in his care; one being some warm, chocolate milk tea in the plastic bottle that he had brought along for his son, and the other, a latte, in one of the regular glasses. Placing them both on a tray, he carried them over to the duo's table, smiling even brighter when Changbin stood to greet his expected presence with a soft kiss to the lips.

"Binnie," he hummed, "Are you guys okay? You both ate before leaving the house, right?"

"Yeah we're alright, and we did." Changbin chuckled, aiding his partner in resting both drinks on the wooden surface of that circular table; just in front of the large window. "You good?"

"Much better because you two are here." Felix nodded, stooping down to take both of his son's hands in his, and leaning forward to peck his forehead in such a fatherly yet motherly manner. "Kai-Kai, you good? You want something more to eat?"

"Uh uh." The child shook his head repeatedly, a cheeky smile emphasizing the distribution of his freckles, as well as the one dimple that laid just to the right corner of his mouth. His stubby legs, too short to meet the porcelain floor, swung back and forth as he sat so restlessly in his seat. And his face, radiating the highest level of serotonin with its admirable, childlike features, leaned forward to plant his own kiss on his daddy's cheek. "Binnie says I can get ice cream today! Can I?"

"Yes you can, baby. Binnie will take you for it a little later." Felix smiled, satisfied with the growing relationship between his lover and son, and thanking the universe for such a blessing of a second fatherly figure in his life. Chuckling, he glanced up at the blushing male in the other seat, laughing even louder at the way the latter had his head lowered so adorably as he tried to hide an evident blush by casually sipping on his latte. "But daddy has to continue working now, so I'll come check up on you in a while. Enjoy your tea, okay?"

And with a reassuring chain of nods from the youngest, Felix stood to make his way back to his occupational post with the empty tray in hand, but of course, not before stealing the chance to bless his partner with the softest kiss to one of his reddened cheeks. "Love you," he mumbled, blushing profusely when the line didn't waste any time before sounding back in that voice that he always adored so much.