CH:22

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 🍍 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 🍍 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

The View Apartments- Penthouse
10:10pm

"I still don't get why you insisted on calling to watch me play with the puzzle that my son gave to me," Chan smacked his tongue playfully as he opened up the gift bag, pulling out first the card to read while Felix listened. "Happy birthday Channie," he started, struggling to decipher the toddler's scribbles, "Thank you for- thank you be? Best second daddy!"

"Mhm, now the puzzle," Felix rushed after Chan clenched his chest dramatically, laying on his side and pulling the blanket up to his chin. Swiping up and tapping on an icon, he spoke again, eyes squinting to give company to the smile on his lips. "I'm screen recording so I can show Kai tomorrow."

"Alright," Chan sang as he pulled the white, rectangular box from the bag, turning it from side to side, then front to back, searching for some sort of label or writing, but there was nothing...? Confused, he took up his phone, lifting the gift for Felix to see and furrowing his brows, suspicious. "How come this doesn't have any writing on it?" He questioned, smiling when Felix let out a fit of giggles. "What kind of puzzle is this, Lix? I thought it'd be a cartoon since Kai gave it to me."

"It's from both of us, Chan. Now open it out carefully," Felix sighed, eyes glossy with tears of laughter, but head slightly aching at the way his heartbeats felt so strained every time the older man would make eye contact with him behind the screen.

God, he was so damn whipped, but by the way that his voice never once cracked, or how he failed to stutter or act shy, any would think that they were best friends or long-time lovers or something. And Felix didn't hate that idea, at all, so for the time being, leaving just how weak Chan made him a secret seemed to be the best decision, especially for his pride.

"Hm," Chan propped his phone, with a pop socket, to the edge of the coffee table, shifting to make his legs more comfortable in their butterfly fold, and shaking his arms in the air, sideways, giggling, before opening up the box carefully. His eyes stared down at the present before his twitchy fingers could find it, and Felix cooed at the way his plush lips pushed forward in focus and, the way that Chan's face lit up when the top finally unfolded.

Nodding, proud of himself, Chan poured out the puzzle pieces on the table, placing their package to the side while shuffling them, like dominoes before a match, with the other.

"It's been a while since I've done- or even seen a puzzle," he defended in advance, turning the pieces that were not right-side-up to the named position. "But from what I can see here, this is definitely not a cartoon," he brushed through them attentively, hoping to easily spot one of the corners. Finally finding what he was looking for, Chan set it down on a clear space as his foundation to begin.

"You'll figure it out even before you're done," Felix mumbled, fighting his drowsiness to look at Chan's doings diligently. "I'm getting sleepy... Tell me a story while you do it."