CH:21

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 🍍 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 🍍 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

Blueprint Apartments
9:30am

"Leave me..." Chan whined into the pillow, tired eyes batting open to center his vision. Sitting up, barely covered by his boxers, he massaged the bridge of his nose with droopy eyes tracing the knocking sounds that he was hearing to the closed bedroom door. "Who is it?" He asked, sleepy head still trying to wrap around the reason behind not waking on his own bed; not that the one that he slept on was uncomfortable.

"It's me, Felix," the voice announced from the other side of the door, and Felix smiled at the jumpy little boy at his side. "Should I give you a second before coming in?"

"Oh fuck," Chan muttered, glancing down at his bare thighs, attempting to draw the sides of his underwear down but, swearing, again, at the realization that it wasn't rolled up, but was actually that short. "G-give me a minute," he hurried to collect his clothes, folded from the night before, swiftly pulling the shirt on; too uncoordinated to realize that it was inside out, and sliding the jeans, ripped just a tiny bit, up his legs. "Okay," he called again, voice still raspy yet tone more sure that time, "come in. It's unlocked."

"Good morning," Felix sang, pushing the door open and, mirroring the wide stretch of Chan's cheeks as the latter cooed at Kai's skips into the smaller space, as well as the blue gift bag that he was holding up to his chest. Chuckling at the man's frizzy hair, dry, drool-lined chin, and sleep crusts, Felix strolled up to hug him, pecking his cheek before pulling away. "Happy birthday!"

"Happy birthday, Channie," Kai smiled so wide that his eyes closed when there was no more room for his cheeks' lifting, wrapping both arms around his father's knee. "I have for you a present!"

"Aww, you do?" Chan pouted, touched by his son's thoughtfulness, and hoping that the dizzy sensation in his head, resulting from getting up so quickly, wouldn't cause his legs to give in. "What did Kai-Kai get Channie?"

"I got you a card," Kai rubbed his eye with one hand whilst the other lifted to hand Chan the present. And standing there, his short legs couldn't help but restlessly shift from side to side, that and his heavy breathing adding emphasis to his youthfulness. "A-and I got Channie a puzzle..."

"A puzzle?" Chan faked a look of surprise as he peeked inside the bag; not that he wasn't genuinely happy to see the contents but, he needed to add that extra touch of expression to make his little boy smile even brighter. "I love everything, Kai-Kai," he stooped down to hug the child properly, chest feeling warm when Kai's small arms found a fraction of his torso. "I appreciate it, and you just made today Channie's best birthday ever."