CH:05

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 🍍 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 🍍 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

Hero's Soup Café
1:00pm

Just do it, Lee! Just do it, Felix thought to himself as he stood from the seat next to his lover's, sighing when his teeth claimed and maintained a harsh grip on his lower lip. Approaching the targeted acquaintance, he smiled, shy, eyes narrowed as if that'd keep back the tears of anxiety that were threatening to brew, and lips quivering as they parted to speak.

"C-Chan, good afternoon."

"Hi," Chan smiled, dabbing a dry napkin over his mouth. "Everything okay?" He lifted his gaze from Felix's troubled one to glance over at the familiar toddler whom he thought resembled him so greatly, cracking a soft smile at the sight, but not for long in fear that Felix would question his interest. "How are you?"

"I- I'm okay. I just- I actually wanted to talk to you about something." Felix stuttered, lengthening his blinks in attempt to calm the heartbeats which's vibrations seemed really bothersome to his eardrums. "And uh... I don't know how you will take it, but no matter what you feel, please don't cause a scene. Don't even feel obligated to do anything- It's just- you need to know."

"What is it?" Chan relaxed in his seat, drawing both eyebrows together whilst his lips, dry from the sudden tension, stayed almost knitted together after parting to sound another question. "Is something wrong?"

"Nothing- I hope? Just- You re- remember what we did... about three years ago, right?" Felix questioned awkwardly, the stifling embarrassment forcing his head into a lowered state. "W-well... I- how do I say this..."

"Just say it...?"

Inhaling, Felix glanced back, nodding to give Changbin the "ok" to bring the little boy over. And even the older man's legs were shaking as he walked the short distance. His eyes were teary, as if he were starring in that situation and, with much hesitation, he smiled before returning to his seat just few steps away.

Then Felix held on to Kai by the waist, unable to keep back a small smile when he clung onto his daddy so tightly whilst staring forward at the stranger so, intently; eyes narrowed with lips pursed and all. "Daddy who's that?" He whispered near Felix's ear, struggling to keep his short arms around the older's torso.

"He's a friend, sweetie," Felix lied believably, pecking the child's forehead before returning roughly half of his focus to Chan. "I became pregnant with this kiddo during the same time-frame... and I suppose that there's a possibility-"

"That he might be my kid?" Chan's eyes lit up with the question. His body leaned back from the table and his throat dried; a good dry. A dry that caused a kind of speechlessness, not in the tense way, but rather in a way that'd give his mind the perfect opportunity to grasp and understand the very concept of Felix's heart-settling statement.