➸ money is the anthem of success

[Y/N]'s POV:

[Y/N]'s POV:

"Yeah...no." I tell the principal. His smile immediately falls and a small part of me feels the tiniest sliver of guilt crawling up my throat, but there is no way in hell that I can accept his request knowing what I'll have to face every day of my life for the next year. "Sorry, but no."

"Oh come on," and this is the part where he tries to convince me to accept his offer and leave my entire fucking life back in Yokohama behind. We are currently situated in his office. Alone. Just the two of us. Principal Yaga is sitting behind his desk, while I'm sitting directly opposite him with a steaming cup of coffee placed in front of me that I haven't even had a chance to touch yet due to the two of us bickering back and forth. It looks delicious; rich and dark with creamy oat milk. I've been a caffeine addict for as long as I can remember, but at least I have it down to one french press of decaf per day now. "I know you want to."

No, what I want is to drink this delicious coffee.

He's dangling the offer in front of me like it's a carrot. Unfortunately for him, today I'm not in the mood for a fucking carrot. I'm more of a cucumber girl.

"I don't." I stand my ground, crossing my arms to further emphasise me standing my ground despite the fact that I'm currently seated. Masamichi Yaga is a tall man with short black hair that is shaved at the sides of his head, has a moustache goatee combination, and wears dark glasses. His attire consists of a zipped up long sleeved black jacket, black pants, and black shoes. If I didn't know him—I would probably find him the most intimidating man in the world. I'd probably have folded by now and accepted his stupid offer—but as his goddaughter that he's trained for years to slice curses like they're vegetables, there is no way in hell that I'm going to do that so damn easily.

"Please," he's begging now, and I have to say that I'm quite enjoying this. I like being the one holding all the power. "I need you, [Y/N]. We're understaffed, and you were such a good teacher while you were here. The students loved you! The male ones, especially! They were far more motivated back then than they are now."

Pfft. Flattery won't work on me.

"No," I repeat for what feels like the umpteenth time during the past ten minutes, which was when this meeting started. That's the reason why he called me here, because he wanted to offer me a job as a teacher at Jujutsu Tech High School. Apparently, they're understaffed, however, that isn't my fucking problem. "No, I'm sorry, but no. I don't know how many more times I can refuse, Yaga. I already have a job that I love and enjoy."

Principal Yaga snorts, and my lips purse in a peevish crease as I furrow my eyebrows at him. "Teaching English Literature in Yokohama, right? Is that really something you enjoy?" His voice is punctuated with derisive laughter, and suddenly I want to slap him across the face.