➸ the crown, the throne, the power

[Y/N]'s POV:

[Y/N]'s POV:

Nanami and I are currently sitting on the hood of his carwatching the sun rise over the horizon. After Gojo and I had our argument yesterday, I left his room, and had been avoiding him since, because my mind was a complete maelstrom of emotions. I didn't know who else to turn to, and so I ended up just staying corralled in my bedroom all day and having an absolute mental breakdown, until I got a phone call from Nanami asking me where I was and if I wanted to hang out, which was rather uncharacteristic of someone like him, but I didn't want to let the opportunity slip through my fingers since it didn't happen very often.

We had been up all night, talking and laughing and watching the stars. It's moments like this where I am genuinely glad to have someone like Nanami in my life, despite the complications in our friendship due to my past relationship with Gojo. The sky is just beginning to lighten, the first hints of orange and pink appearing on the horizon. The air is cool and crisp, and I pull the jacket Nanami let me wear tighter around me. I feel an immediate sense of peace and contentment wash over me as I sit there with someone I consider one of my best friends, watching the world wake up. The birds have started to chirp, and the crickets are starting to quieten down.

"You know how much of a bad influence you are," Nanami lets out a sighand his hands are steady as he pulls out the small baggie of marijuana I gave him earlier and a pack of rolling papers. He expertly rolls the joint, licking the edge to seal it shut. "You have me smoking marijuana at God knows what time in the morning when we literally have work in two hours."

I grin devilishly.

His eyes roll of their own volition.

The smell of marijuana instantly fills the air as Nanami sparks the lighter to life and holds it to the end of the joint. He closes his eyes as he takes the first hit, letting the smoke fill his lungs. I watch him as he does this, and I find myself letting out a breath I didn't even realise I was holding. With each inhale of smoke, Nanami's already striking, chiselled features somehow becomes even more defined. I can't help but feel a little lightheaded as I observe him, taken in by his rugged handsomeness. He notices me gawking at him out of the corner of his eye, and then he turns to look at me, handing me the joint. I take it from his hand, purposefully brushing my fingers against his, and he tilts his head to the side a fraction of an inch as I flash him a haughty smile.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

I take a long drag and then exhale slowly, the smoke curling up into the air.

"You know you're really sexy, right?" I say, and immediately, he appears taken aback, blinking his eyes like an owl. I grin like a Cheshire Cat. "If you wanted to, you could get all the pussy in the world."

Including mine.

He makes a face at this, and I can't help but laugh. "Thanks." He responds phlegmatically, but I just know if he was wired to be a normal human being, he would be blushing like mad right now. I would literally pay the heftiest sum in the world just to be able to see that. "And don't be so crude."