1.2

Are you gonna kiss me?
'Cause you're taking me home

Fuck Up the Friendship, Leah Kate

We spent the day on the HMS Pogue, fishing after JJ and John B came to the realization that the storm from the night before pushed all the crabs and fish into the marsh. 

"Hey, watch this!" JJ said, standing up and cracking open a can of beer that Kie had brought with her. 

"That's not gonna work, Jay." John B said, laughing as he passed the wheel over to Pope, sitting to smoke a J with Kie.

He stood at the very front of the boat, holding the can in the air as we cruised through the marsh. 

"Can you not? You're getting beer in my hair." Kie said, complaining. 

"Yeah, JJ, I have beer all over my tits now." I said, flicking the liquid off my hands as I was seated right next to him. 

There was a clang and the boat stopped abruptly, sending JJ and I into the water roughly. 

Because he was standing, JJ went a little further than I did. 

"Pope, what the hell man." I groaned, grabbing my side as I had hit the railing as I went overboard. 

"I think my heels hit the back of my head." JJ groaned behind me. 

"Sandbar. Channels changed." Pope said, looking at the back of the boat as JJ and I climbed back up. 

JJ gripped my hips as I pulled myself up onto the boat, lifting me up as if I weighed nothing. 

As I sat onto the boat, JJ rested his arms on the sides of me as I turned to face the water, my feet hanging over the edge. When the others were distracted he placed a kiss above my knee.

"Guys, there's a boat down there!" Kie exclaimed. 

I shivered a little as JJ moved away from me, smirking. He climbed up onto the boat and went to look. 

I sat there and watched as Pope, John B and Kie all dived into the water. 

"You good, Bunny?" JJ asked while we were alone. 

"Yeah, I'm good, Jay." I said, pulling my feet back onto the boat and standing up. I walked over to him and hugged him. "Thank you for helping me onto the boat." 

"You're welcome. I got to see a nice ass in the process." JJ said, wrapping his arms around me. 

"You're a pig." Kie said as they popped out of the water at the end of his sentence.

"Just slap my ass and call me Miss Piggy, then." JJ said, letting go of me quickly. 

I laughed and stepped back, sitting back where I was seated earlier. 

"Can you hand me my sunglasses behind you, shorty?" I asked JJ, looking over at him, squinting at the sun. 

"Did you just call me shorty? I'm taller than you." He said, grabbing my sunglasses. "That's a primo rig there guys. Grady White, 500Gs easy." 

"That looks like the boat I saw when I surfed the surge after JJ and Blake passed out." John B said.

"You surfed the surge?" Kie asked. 

"Maybe it hit a jetty, or something." I said. 

"That's my boy, pogue style." JJ laughed, helping pull John B up on the boat. 

"Wait, wait. Do we know whose boat that is?" Pope asked, walking and looking back into the water. 

"No, but we're about to find out." Joh B pulled the anchor out and held it to his chest, stepping up to the edge of the boat by JJ. 

"Dude, its too deep." I said, standing up to be next to Kie. 

"Oh for the week and feeble, little Carrera." John B said, smirking at me. 

"Well, I'm not resuscitating you, and neither is JJ." I rolled my eyes at him. "Just so everyone is clear."

"That's fine." He replied.

"John B." Kie said, making him look at her. 

"What?" He asked, laughing a little. Kie just stared at him and shook her head. 

"Diver down, fool." Pope said, staring up at John B.

"Diver down." John B said.

"Yeah he is." I said as JJ pushed him into the water.

We all sat at the edge of the boat and watched the water intently. 

"Should we go get him?" Pope asked, as we watched for him.

"Nah, he's fine." JJ said, moving his hand so he was brushing fingers with mine. 

John B surfaced, shaking the water from his face. 

"God, that took forever." Kie said, complaining. 

"Any dead bodies?" Pope asked him, a smile on his face.

"You and your obsession with dead bodies, Pope." I laughed. 

"Any looting potential?" JJ asked, pulling the anchor up from the water. 

"Find anything on the boat?" I asked.

"Yeah. A motel key." John B said, holding it up.

"Well let's go." JJ said, sitting next to me and putting his arm behind me so he grazed the skin of my back as I leaned backwards. 

"Guys we should report the wreck to the coast guard." Kie said. "Maybe we'll get a finder's fee."

"Yeah, and not work all summer." JJ added.