1.8

This mental pressure got me popping pills and shit, 

But I'm into it, I'm into it

Say she wanna fuck me later 

Girl, I'm into it, I'm into it

Into it, Chase Atlantic

Sitting squished between JJ and Pope, I quickly finished my sandwich. 

"You mind if I sit this one out? It's been a long day, and a lot of weird stuff's gone down." JJ complained, raising his joint in the air as he spoke. "I'm just gonna lay low. Oh, did you want a hit of this?" He looked at Pope. 

"I keep the signal clear." Pope rejected his offer.  

"Don't mind if I do." I smirked at him, taking it out of his hands and inhaling deeply. JJ smirked at me and I turned my head to him, blowing the smoke in his face. 

"Dude, ok. Do you understand what your problem is?" JJ asked Pope. "You're problem is that you don't get creative? If you got creative then--"

"Look, I-- I know I was wrong about the lighthouse, all right?" John B interrupted JJ's launch into how Pope is boring quickly. "And wrong about everything else going on. But I-- I was right about one thing. Okay? My dad is trying to tell us something." John B turned and looked at us over his shoulder.

John B pulled over a minute later and we all hopped out. 

"Why are we at the cemetery?" I asked, looking at my brother. 

"Just, follow me." John B said. "C'mon, this way." He turned and walked away. 

"I'm coming. This place is scary." Kie replied, following after him. 

JJ grabbed my hand and laced our fingers, pulling me along with. 

"John B, what are we doing?" Kie asked.

"Hey, shh." John B shushed her. "You know how you're trying to remember a song and you can't remember who sings it?" He asked the group.

"Yeah." Kie and I chorused. 

"Jinx." I laughed softly. 

"So, Redfield. This whole time, I thought it was a place, right? But it's not a place."

The camping lamps and flashlights we dug up spilled light over us as we walked through the abandoned cemetery. 

We stopped and John B held his up. "It's a person."

"Voi-effing-la." JJ said softly. 

"See? My great-great-grandmother Olivia Redfield." John B told us. "That was her maiden name."

JJ pulled me into his side and glanced down at me before pressing his lips against my temple. 

"Help me with the door. Come on." John B said to Pope and JJ. 

"Alright, on three." John B spoke. 

They counted and pushed as hard as they could. 

"This door is like 700 pounds. It's not gonna budge." Pope said, grunting as he pushed against the cement door. 

"We didn't come this far to get this far, all right?" JJ said to him, his voice strained. "We got this." 

There was a hiss and Pope let out a scream. 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." He said as he backed away. "That's a snake."

"That's a moccasin, all right." JJ said loudly. "Ye olde Dr. Cottonmouth. Death in tall grass." He got down on his hands and knees and started barking. 

"JJ, shut up! Shut up." Kie said as she flashed her flashlight on him. 

"You're gonna wake the dead, man." Pope told him, grabbing the back of his shirt and tugging him back. 

"They're afraid of dogs, guys." I said, crossing my arms and rolling my eyes. "Everyone knows that, man." 

"That's my girl." JJ smirked at me. He turned and saw Pope going back to the door. "Wait hold on. If there's one, there's probably dozens." He grabbed Pope by the shoulder and tugged him back. 

"What?" Pope asked. 

"All around." He said. 

"Ok, stop. You're scaring me." Kie told him, rubbing her arms. 

JJ ignored her and started barking again.

"Can you stop barking at the snakes?" John B asked him. 

Pope grabbed John B by the shoulders, forcing him to look at him. "Look, John--"

"Just making sure it's clear." JJ said to us.

 "Shut up." Pope said, looking at JJ. "John, look. We're not gonna get in there, all right? It's not budging. 

I watched as Kie glanced up at the door, following her eyes. 

"Blake can get through. She's the smallest on here." Kie said, shining her flashlight at me. 

"What? No, no, no, no. You think she's going to fit through the hole?" John B asked, looking over at us. 

"Yeah, just gotta boost her small ass up and she'll easily fit through there." Kie nodded. "Blake? Back me up?"

"Kie's right. I can easily fit through there." I agreed, looking up at the hole. 

"That hole?" John B asked.

"Look, this is about your dad. And honestly, I really don't believe in it, but you deserve to know the truth." Kie said to him. 

"I'll do it." I said quietly. "Someone help me up." I dropped the small bag I had on my shoulders and pulled my hair into a ponytail, securing it with the scrunchie around my wrist. 

JJ grabbed my hand and pulled me to him, kissing me softly, causing John B and Kie to grumble behind us. 

"Stay safe in there, baby." JJ whispered against my lips. 

I kissed him again before pulling back and nodding my head at him as Pope crouched down against the door. 

"Ready?" He asked me. 

"As ever. what am I looking for again?" I mumbled. 

"You;ll know when you see it." John B told me. 

JJ helped me and I grabbed his shoulders and placed my foot in Popes' hands. He lifted me and I grabbed the edge of the door, and felt JJ's hands helping me push myself into the crypt.

I tossed my flashlight down and shimmied in all the way, landing on my feet with a thud. 

"You alive? You got like, a-- a heartbeat and everything?" John B called. 

"Pretty sure, JB." I replied, shining the flashlight up at the ceiling. 

"Good. That's good." John B and JJ chorused. 

"I need more light." I said. "Can someone hold up the camp light." 

"Yeah, here." John B handed over the camp light. I turned back around, shining my own flashlight around.

"Any more cottonmouths?" JJ asked.

"Not so far." I continued looking around before glancing at the ground. "What the fuck?" I whispered.