2.1

Religion's in your lips

Even if it's a false god

False God, Taylor Swift

We pulled up at the salvage yard 15 minutes later.

"Hello?" Kie called, walking towards the guard tower, waving her hands in the air.

"Dude, is this going to work?" I asked, looking at JJ.

"It'll work." JJ nodded.

Kie spoke to the guard for a few moments before he moved away and opened the gate.

"Hows it going with Kiara?" JJ asked John B.

"It's not awkward, weird, or anything." John B replied.

I snorted and let out a soft laugh.

"You're a bad liar, JB." I shoved his shoulder.

"Honestly, I did not think you were gonna actually listen to me." JJ laughed.

"What?" John B asked, looking at him and then at me.

"I was 100 percent sure she was into you." JJ laughed. "Pope and Blake would agree."

"Ehh... I don't know about that." Pope said.

"Leave me out of this." I laughed at them, watching as Kie told the guard about her "flat tire".

"So, Kie, like, she definitely gave you the Heisman?" JJ asked him.

"Oh, no questions. Yup." John B boasted.

"Hm. Gotcha." JJ nodded.

"Maybe she's just into somebody else." Pope said. 

We watched as Kie and the guard got to the back of the car before we went. 

"Go, go, go." JJ whispered, pointing at the opened gate. We all waved at Kie and jumped, running towards the opening. 

We followed JJ to a locked building. 

He messed with the lock and pulled on it. 

"You got the right numbers?" Pope asked. 

"I might not have the right numbers." JJ said.

"Damn it!" Pope shouted. 

"Guys." I tried to get their attention as a dog ran up to us, barking loudly. 

"Oh! Hey!" JJ said, holding his hands out. 

"That's a cougar. Never mind." John B said, hopping out of the way and running away from us. Pope ran the opposite direction and JJ grabbed my wrist, yanking me behind him. 

"Hi! No, stay there. Good boy." JJ said, turning and booking it. We stopped at the end of a boat before JJ turned around. "Pope run!" He shouted. 

"That dog is going to eat him, JJ" I said, grabbing onto him. 

"I got a toy, boy." JJ said, capturing the dogs attention. "Wait, no. I was just kidding." 

"Shit! Okay." I turned and ran away, JJ following me. 

"Up there!" He pointed. I glanced and saw a large boat. 

I reached for it and started climbing up, JJ hoisting me up with his hand as he followed close behind. 

"Whatcha got there boy?" THe guard that was helping Kie asked the barking dog. "Whoever's up there better come on out!" He shouted. 

"JJ." I whispered, grabbing his hand as we crouched behind the side of the boat.