At least he likes dogs

We have been in at camp for a week when they showed up. That is when the  Dixon brothers joined us.
———————————————————————————
Lady was missing I was at the edge of the camp looking for her I was about to go into the woods even with the danger I just want to protect her. " Lady come here!" I'm raising my voice but not shouting I know better than that. "Hey Lady come here!" I say she is not coming so I go under the string of cans to find her. I take two steps into the woods when a man comes out " that is not how you get tail boy but tell be if that works for ya. I'll try it." He laughs I don't like the way he laughs and what is tail I don't want to just find Lady's tail I want all of her.  " I'm trying to find my dog not her tail I want all of her!" I know I sound like a baby but I don't care. " if your not going to help get out of my way I'll find her myself!" I walk past him " wait kid a mutt is your dog a girl I think we found her! Daryl come here bring the mutt" he found her! This guy Daryl found her! A blond man with short hair steps out of the woods was carrying Lady in his arms . When she sees me she starts to wiggle to get to me. " LET HER GO I AIN'T GONNA LET YOU HURT HER!" I'm shouting I know I probably shouldn't be but I can't let Lady get hurt. The man - Daryl kneels down but doesn't put her on the ground " calm down I ain't hurt her. But she hurt herself in a snare, stuck her paw in it. She'll live probably but you got to keep it clean and keep her from running around and jumping on it. Got it wrapped right now but it's going to need to be changed" he is rubbing her ear trying to calm her down. I walk up to her I stroke her back. She calms down a bit I look him in his eyes " you saved my friend's life and fixed up her wounds" he shakes his head " I didn't do anything anyone else wouldn't have" "maybe not but you could have left her or just set her lose you didn't have to wrap her wound up" I respond " just take your dog and git kid" I pick up Lady like he was holding her to take her into dads and my shared tent dad passes my on my way to talk to the newcomers. I hope he lets Daryl stay I don't think he likes me but he saved Lady so at least he likes dogs.
———————————————————————————
Later that night at dinner dad tells everyone that the Dixon brothers Merle and Daryl. They are hunters so they can get food. They can track and make traps for small animals.
I had stayed in the tent with Lady until dinner so I didn't see how the brothers got along with the others. It seems like nobody likes Merle and is at least uncomfortable around Daryl. I don't have a problem with Merle right now he seems like a jerk but he helped save Lady so he can't be all bad. Daryl I like even though I know he doesn't like me he did save Lady and carry her all the way to a camp he didn't even know about so he was willing to carry her till she got better. I realize I never thank him or Merle I'll have to do that after dinner I don't think they would want attention brought to them especially Daryl he seems to be avoiding everyone at dinner.
After dinner I approach the brothers tent "Merle, Daryl I realize I never thanked you for saving saving Lady so I came by to say thank you I'm grateful for you saving her" they look at me like I'm crazy Merle speaks " you named your dog Lady that is a shit name for a dog kid" I like Merle less now " no it's not" I argue he goes to argue back till his brother speaks " it's just a name Merle, and you kid your welcome make it up to us by leaving us alone" he turns his back to me a Merle smirks I walk away I don't know what I did to make them not like me I know that people are wrong about them or are they?
————————-————————-——————————
AN
Short chapter
Yes the Dixons save Lady
I tried to get them right Daryl doesn't hate Jacob or even dislike him Jacob just doesn't understand he wants to be alone or just with Merle.
Spoilers warning

Daryl and Merle are still planning or robbing them at this point so Daryl doesn't want to get close especially to the kids I hope that came across.

Spoilers warning over
I'm trying to write a young boy's point of view witch is hard because I haven't been a young child for a long time and I was never a little boy so that why Jacob may act weird.
I want to explain Jacob name here
Jacob was chosen because it was a popular name near the year were Jacob would have been born
Middle name Rick is after Rick because well there dads are best friends.
I am assuming you can understand why his last name is Walsh.
Oh and I wanted make it clear that Lori is going to be portray as a loving mom and wife I'm don't hate Lori or Andrea.
Image
Date completed 12/27/21
Have a great day!