31

"Mr. Park, your emergency contact is here." A nurse said as she walked inside the room with someone behind her.

Sunghoon nervously stared at the door as he messed with his hands.

Ms. Yuh calmly walked in the room with a packed bag in hand, smiling at Sunghoon once their eyes met.

He sighed in relief when he saw Ms. Yuh and laid his head back on the pillow.

The nurse leaves the room after giving them both a nod, and Ms.Yuh walks towards the seat next to Sunghoon.

"You can come out now." Sunghoon called out.

Angelica slowly opened the bathroom door, meeting eyes with Ms. Yuh. She awkwardly smiled and gave Sunghoon a panicked glance.

Ms.Yuh stared at both of them in shock.

"Sunghoon, I didn't know you were up to that kind of stuff."

Sunghoon's cheeks went red and Angelica's eyes went wider than saucers.

"Not like that! I meant hiding a friend in the bathroom. Kids these days are so dirty minded." Ms. Yuh said with a smile as she waved Angelica over.

Hesitantly walking over to where Ms. Yuh pointed, sitting down at the ends of the bed.

"And you are?" Ms. Yuh asked as she turned to face Angelica who shyly smiled.

"My name is Angelica, it's really nice to meet you."

"I am Yuh Jisoo but of course you have to call me Miss Yuh. I work for his family. It's very nice to meet you too." She said as she reached to shake Angelica's hand.

"It was no problem."

Sunghoon cleared his throat and pointed at the bag in Ms.Yuh's hand.

"What is that?"

"I brought you lunch and dinner. I know you're picky so I had to get something ready for you." She said as she shook her head in disappointment.

"I'm not that picky." He whispered to himself as he looked away.

She seems nice.. Angelica thought as she stared at Ms. Yuh, who let out a small laugh at Sunghoon's response.

After a small moment of silence, Ms. Yuh started bringing out the lunch that she had prepared.

"I brought enough for two since Sunghoon tends to eat twice. I didn't expect anybody to be here so I'll give you the other portion. I'm sure he won't mind."

She placed the containers on the over-bed table, quickly moving to grab one of the extra forks that were left in his room.

Angelica smiled and nodded as a thank you and Ms. Yuh smiled back urging them to eat.

Angelica started digging in, letting out a sigh at the amazing taste. She looked over at Sunghoon, who's plate was still untouched and she raised her eyebrows in worry.

"What is it? Do your arms hurt? You want me to help?" She asked as she looked at his forearms.

"I'm fine Shortcake. My arms do hurt a little though. I think the medication is wearing off." The nickname naturally slipping out of his lips as he tried to bring the fork to his mouth, but only wincing in pain.

Angelica placed her plate back on the table and moved closer to him, grabbing the fork from his hand and urging him to open his mouth.

Sunghoon stared at her and then at the food and Angelica only raised her eyebrows.

"I'm not a baby short-stock. I'm a grown man-" He was interrupted by the fork being in his mouth and Angelica let out a giggle.

Sunghoon rolled his eyes playfully and continued to chew.

Ms. Yuh stared at their interaction with a small smile. She stared at the playful gleam in Sunghoon's eyes that hadn't been there since he was a child.

She missed seeing that look on his face. He was carefree and smiley. He wasn't tense or on edge.

It made Ms. Yuh teary-eyed. She hoped he could feel this way every day.

********

It had been a day since that day at the hospital and Angelica was almost itching to see Sunghoon again. She needed to know if he was doing any better, but she was stuck at her shift in the convenience store.

"Angie can you get me the Airheads from the back?"

Airheads? Sunghoon loves those. I should bring him some. But maybe he can't eat that yet. I don't know though I'm not a doctor. But I can still bring those for him.

"Angie?"

But he might not be able to have them. I should just eat them in front of him to bully him. That would be fun.

"Angelica!"

She snapped out of her thoughts and looked over at her mother who had her hands on her hips.

"Sorry. I'll go get them." She said hurriedly as she moved to the back as quick as she could under her mother's piercing stare.

After she brought the box to the isle where Mrs. Rosa was, she sat back down on the stool and waited while she restocked the airheads.

Suddenly the bell from the door rang and in came the one and only Tyler.

He looked at Angelica, catching her off guard but she didn't turn away. After a few seconds, he lifted his gaze.

Angelica stared at him as he walked down the isle. He moved slowly as if he was trying to intimidate her in a way.

He picked a few things from the shelf and moved towards the counter.

The bell rang again and Angelica's heart dropped to her ass.

Mr. Park...

He walked in with his glasses on and walked to the candy isle where Mrs. Rosa was restocking.

He grabbed a few different candies and walked towards the other isle, grabbing a big soda. He turned and walked towards the counter.

Angelica remembered what Jake had said and looked down.

Her nerves were even higher than before. She was alone this time.

"I'm not paying for these. Are you going to do something about it? Slut." He spat as he glared at her and walked out of the store with a proud air.

Tyler walked out behind him with a smile and his things in hand.

*******

"She was there, sir."

"At the hospital?"

"Yes."

"We really are going to have to do something about her, aren't we?"