Chapter 11

Sai Joshi was in no mood for a celebratory dinner. There was nothing to celebrate or no one her own to celebrate with. Since her Aabba's death, although surrounded by people, some who accepted her and some who despised her very existence, Sai had felt alone. Only recently, when she had accepted Virat's friendship, had that feeling of loneliness diminished a little. Why only a little? Because she still did not know if Virat Sir loved her as a life partner or his care and concern for her was because she was his ward. And now she had her answer.

Once again, like so many such victories in the recent past, Sai had only her Aabba to celebrate with. Since the encounter with Mr. and Mrs. Virat Chavan, all Sai had wanted to do was go back in time and erase her Aabba's death. But she knew that time, like the flowing river, only moved forward, so the only thing she wanted to do then was go to someplace where she could be alone with Aabba. So, determined to head back to the guest room to be alone with her Aabba, when Sai turned around to leave, she was surprised to see Prachi and her brother by the door. "Arre Prachi, you're still here?"

"What do you mean? We are waiting for you madam. Remember Prajai, my brother, he is taking us out for dinner....and you said yes."

"Did I? Sorry, but Prachi please, not today."

"Yes, you did. And yes today." Prachi lowered her volume so her brother couldn't hear. "Sai, when are you going to stop torturing yourself. Right now why are you giving the man who has never respected you so much importance? Wasn't it you who had once told me that you are in control of your own happiness. So now why are you letting that joker control your happiness. Today is such a big day, Sai. Such a huge achievement. Would your Aabba want you to sulk today?"

Prachi is correct. Aabba would want me to celebrate. And yes, I need to retake the charge. I need to get back in the driver's seat. I will not let Virat Sir and his deeds affect me. But first, I need to get out of Chavan Nivas and today!

"And there is another reason why my brother wanted to meet you. Prajai, do you want to tell her?" Sai returned to the conversation when she heard Prachi's brother speaking.

"Sai, firstly sorry for that prank earlier. This definitely is not the place. It was stupid. So my sincere apologies."

Sai managed a faint smile. Prajai continued. "Looks like apology accepted."

Sai nodded. "I know your intentions were good."

Prajai smiled, and despite his blood-stained face, his honestly came through. He wasn't what one would call the most handsome hunk in the room. Still, at a staggering 6 feet height, a genial personality, sincere brown eyes that matched his long hair, he could hold his own. Prachi could vouch for the many girls who made friends with her only for her brother's sake.

"Thank you for understanding. And now to a better introduction. I am Prajai Apte, your very crazy friend's brother." 

Prajai extended his hand, and Sai had no choice but take it and say. "Nice to meet you, Prajai."

"I am a freelance journalist. For my assignment you might be just the person I need to talk to. That is the other reason we wanted you to join us for dinner."

"My help? What assignment?"

"Well I cannot say much about my assignment, but this much I can say, for that I need to go to Gadchiroli tomorrow. I believe you spent quite a few years there. So just wanted to know more about it over dinner."

Gadchiroli.... Sai's smile widened. She was back in a time where things were innocent. A few moments ago, she wanted to go back and fix everything. Sai thought perhaps going back there, disconnecting from the filth before her, might help her reconnect with her old self.