Father Can You Hear Me?

Sophia felt like her body was floating on air. It was nice. There was no pain, no worry, no heartache here. She hugged herself and curled into a ball. She liked this. It was better than that hellish reality. "I wonder how long it'll be before I wake up." she stated hollowly.

"Not very long."

Sophia jumped with a start and looked up, noticing a tall man with ruby colored hair and bright aqua green eyes. Sophia's heart skipped a beat.

"Lucas?"

Lucus gave her a sad smile "Why do you call me by my name?"

"Cause you don't deserve to be called father." Her eyes burned into their demon form "You weren't there for me. You only came once and that was just to tell Mom don't do anything. Just let him take what he wants."

Lucus sighed and rubbed the back of his neck "Listen Sophia. The-"

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!!!" Sophia screamed as she slammed her fist on the black floor "You.... have no excuse for not helping Momma raise me! She had no clue what she was doing with me or my fits! She had to hide me cause she didn't know how to hide my tail or eyes! You didn't give me any type of relationship with you! You didn't come to protect Momman while she was being slaughtered! You came after all that shit was over and done with and left me in the burning house!" Tears began to fall down her face "I didn't really care about me! All you had to do was save Momma! But no! *hick* You let her die like that!'

Lucus could feel his non beating heart break as he watched his one and anly daughter cry her heart out. He sighed again and hugged her "I'm sorry sweety. Believe it or not, Icouldn't do anything for you or your mother. It was deal that couldn't be broken. If I interfered then I would've died for breaking the deal. You were the sacrifice for that deal."

Sophia's eyes grew wide "S-Sacrifice?"

"Yes...you see I wasn't suppose to fall for your mother. Donte said that all incubus do is sleep and eat their preys. That we don't have...'fun' with them. And not feel for them since we incubi and sucubi live off emotions. I thought it was harmless since nowhere in hell has a demon fallen for a human. So, I accepted the challenge. If I won I get the souls he tortured for a 100 years. If he won he gets my first born child. ....I lost....Then you were born. I was the happiest demon in the world but you weren't mine to have. So to not get attached I avoided you. But demons have a special bond with their offspring, one far stronger than those of humans, so it was really hard. But nether the less you belong to Donte now. Nothing can change that."

Sophia just shook her head, "You should've just killed me."

Lucus shook his own, sighing, stroking her head. "Even if I did that wouldn't stop him from getting your soul."

Sophia scoffed "Even if I went to Heaven?"

He made a noise in the back of his throat as if to hold back a laugh, which made Sophia frown. "Yes youngling. He would burst down the Gates of Heaven and take you back with him."

Sophia went quiet. Lucus looked down at his daughter with sad eyes. "Sophia?"

".....So there's no way out of this?"

"I'm afraid not."

Sophia sighed sadly and nuzzled against her father "Let me sleep longer."

Sophia didn't want to wake cause she knew that once she woke up reality will be waiting for her. Just sitting there waiting to pounce on me and tear me apart. Lucus sighed as he rubbed Sophia's head "I wish I could but I can't. It's not my decision to make. But at least you'll get to see your mom."

Sophia's eyes widened "Momma? .....She's alive?"

"Well sorta. More like undead." He kissed his daughter on the forehead "Well seeya sweety. You're about to wake up."